cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farferello
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Service address listed as wrong number - openreach?

I noticed when trying to upgrade my broadband to fiber that my services address was listed as the wrong number (neighbour house number instead of mine) even though the postal address was listed correctly. When I contacted my isp they said BT Openreach would need to be contacted to get the services address changed.

When I called my isp about the issue, they said that no line existed at my (correct) address, even though I've been getting internet from them for many years now and they were as confused as I was how this could happen.

I don't know if there's something strange on BT OpenReach's end that has something strange with the line or number (our house is listed with a business name and then it's number and street) and if that's what's throwing them off or something else.

But they said only BT OpenReach could change the service number. Otherwise they suggested upheaving the entire account and movie it to the proper house number (that has been receiving internet and phone the entire time) and changing number which is something that can't be done because of the Business.

Is there anyway this strange line business can be looked into?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Farferello
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: Correcting incorrect home address in Openreach database

I've recently found when trying to update my internet to fiber that my services address has the wrong house number listed. I contacted the ISP and they said it would need to be changed via bt openreach. I have my go live date at the 25th, and was told the order would likely fail as the house number under openreach was listed wrong. I'd really like to get this changed.

I've received internet correctly at my house number despite the address number listed wrongly under openreach, but I need to try and get it changed to the correct number for my new fiber order.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: Service address listed as wrong number - openreach?

Your ISP need to contact Openreach and resolve this for you.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Re: Service address listed as wrong number - openreach?

Welcome to this user forum.

This is a BT Retail forum. Unless your ISP is BT Broadband, then nothing can be done. Only your current ISP can place a request to Openreach.

0 Ratings