cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulianCBrown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Setting Up Network Connection: BT HomeHub3 To Pioneer X-HM81-K.

Go to solution

I am having problems setting up a wi-fi connection from my BT HomeHub3 to my Pioneer X-HM81-K hi-fi system.

Any suggestions as to how to easily set up a wireless connection?

Would it work better via the Devolo homeplug system?

I already have one homeplug attached to my router and another to my TV.

Would it work if I bought another homeplug and plugged my X-HM81-K into it via an LAN cable? Is an LAN cable an Ethernet cable?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Setting Up Network Connection: BT HomeHub3 To Pioneer X-HM81-K.

Go to solution

Any suggestions as to how to easily set up a wireless connection?

According to the owners manual you would set up the connection in the same manner as any other wifi connection to your router.

Would it work better via the Devolo homeplug system?

Yes, wired connections are always better then wireless.

Would it work if I bought another homeplug and plugged my X-HM81-K into it via an LAN cable? Is an LAN cable an Ethernet cable?

Yes, ,make sure its the same make of homeplug and a Lan cable is an ethernet cable.

JulianCBrown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

"According to the owners manual you would set up the connection in the same manner as any other wifi connection to your router."

That's my point.  The methods outlined in the manual aren't working!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Can you be more specific with what you are doing and what is happening when you try to connect via wireless.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Having looked at the manual it should be a straight forward set up. Follow these instructions. Take Note of the Passkey part.

Go into the set up procedure. Select Auto. Find the name of your Homehub. It will be something like Homehub3xxxxx . Select it. Enter the PASSKEY that is found on the Homehub or on the pull out card that came with the hub. It is not your email password or any other password. DHCP is ON. Don’t use the WPS method. All being well you should now be connected.

JulianCBrown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I have tried connecting the hifi to my broadband router via the WPS-PBC function - failure!

I then tried to connect manually and got as far as selecting my wireless network - failure!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Just saying failure doesn't help in trying to find out why it won't connect.  If you can see your Homehub then the wireless is on and working on your Hifi. What happens after you select your Homehub. Do you get the option to enter the PASSKEY which is found on your homehub? If you do what happens when you enter that?

If you can't get anywhere with the wireless side of things can you connect by using an ethernet cable? If you don't have a spare one, use one that you have conected to your other devices inorder to test that it is at least working.

JulianCBrown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

After I select my HomeHub I don't get the option to enter my passkey - just a failure notice.

I'll try it again this evening.

0 Ratings
JulianCBrown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Tried it again. It worked. Cheers!
0 Ratings