cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dimples2609
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Setting Youview remote to control logik TV

Trying to set my Youview remote to control my logik TV. Following the instructions using code 2117 given in the downloaded  document but when I reach stage 3 (holding the remote until TV switches off) the TV doesnt switch off. Is there another code to try?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DavidM
Message 2 of 6

Re: Setting Youview remote to control logik TV

Hi Dimples2609,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems getting the remote sorted. Take a look at How do I control my TV with my YouView remote control? Let us know if that helps.

Maybe @voice_of_reason could help?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Dimples2609
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks.  Those are the instructions I am following.  All works until I get to step 4 where the TV doesn't switch off as expected.  I am using code 2117 for Logic TV as per the list given.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Hi Dimples2609,

After you've entered your code, the light on the remote should go solid blue. If you press 'OK' to store your code at this point, the light on the remote goes out. Then press the TV standby button to turn your TV back on (in the manual it tells you to do these two steps the other way round, which is wrong). Then everything should be working.

Good luck!

0 Ratings
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Hi Voice

Afraid not - if you do that you'll set the remote to use the first code for that TV brand, which might not be the one you need. If you press and hold until it turns off, then press OK to lock the code in that will work better.

Unfortunately for Dimples it looks like the remote does not have the code needed for their particular model, even though the brand is listed.

I had the problem where the TV switched off, but wouldn't switch back on. The remote was finding a code that sort-of worked, but not fully. I got there in the end by holding the remote until it turned off, then kept hold until it turned back on again before pressing OK.
0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Yes, I realised after posting that Dimples' issue was with the TV not turning off, rather than not turning back on again. My issue was the same as yours - the TV turned off, but not back on again. The light on the remote went solid blue, and the only button it responded to was 'OK', despite the manual not making that clear. It seemed as though the remote had 'locked up'. The manual implied you should be able to turn the TV back on first before storing the changes. Maybe that works with some TVs, but it certainly didn't for me.

Sorry, I can't offer any further help I'm afraid. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings