cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
happyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Setting e-mail as Primary ID issues

I've found out that my BT account doesn't apparantely have an e-mail address set for the primary ID.

When I login with either of the two e-mail addresses I am told are registered against it I get the following message:

"Some BT Extras like BT Sport app, BT Wi-Fi, BT Cloud are only available to the Primary BT ID for the account. You can check your Primary BT ID status and update it on this page.

This is a secondary BT ID.
 The Primary BT ID for this account belongs to  XXXX XXXX (My name).

If you would like to make this BT ID your Primary BT ID, please calls us on 0800 111 4567."

I've called this number and also spoken to someone on Live Chat but we haven't been able to get this resolved.

Is this something that can be resolved by one of the staff members on the community please ?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
terrydharrison
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Setting e-mail as Primary ID issues

I have the exact same issue but dont seem to be getting any replies on here.  😞

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 10

Hi @happyman

Thanks for posting and welcome back!

I can help sort out the problem you're having with your BT ID.  Sorry for all the problems.  Send over your details and we'll get back to you.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

@terrydharrison I have replied offering you help on your own thread.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
happyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Thanks Robbie,

I've completed the form as requested.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

@happyman Please delete the ref number, this is a public forum.

0 Ratings
happyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I received a voicemail saying that you would e-mail me (which you did).

The e-mail said the changes had been made and you have "now updated the records".

When I login to my account I still get the same error message saying I'm using the secondary BT ID - but there doesn't appear to have been a primary BT ID set.

Please can you continue to help.  I've replied back to the e-mail I received a few days ago but heard nothing back since so wasn't sure if the replies get looked at if you believe the issue has been closed.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 7 of 10

Hi @happyman,

I'm not too sure what happened there as your reply should have come through.

I'll get in touch with the person handling this for you and let them know that you've been in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 8 of 10

Update @happyman,

I've been informed that it won't recognise you as the primary ID until the order completes next week. The BT Care Team have scheduled a call back for you after it's complete too.

Hope that helps

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
happyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thanks DanielS

I wasn't sure if it complicated things that my old BT account from a couple of years ago also had this e-mail address linked to it - which may have complicated things.

It is just ashame as the BT sports is only accessible on the primary ID and it says it is live already.

Thanks

Daniel

0 Ratings
happyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

I'm still having problems with this.  It may be because this e-mail address has been used with another BT account a few years back.

I'm getting the following errors:

"This account is not set up to watch BT Sport Online

Another email address is registered as the account holder. Only the account holder can manage and watch BT Sport online."

"Another BT ID is thePrimary BT ID for this account. Click edit to change this." - When I click edit I get:  "

Some BT Extras like BT Sport app, BT Wi-Fi, BT Cloud are only available to the Primary BT ID for the account. You can check your Primary BT ID status and update it on this page.

This is a secondary BT ID.
 The Primary BT ID for this account belongs to  XXXXX XXXXX (ie, My name)"

Please can you help,

Thanks
0 Ratings