cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TY1104
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Setting up Home Hotspot Plus 600 kit

Hi, I'm having trouble getting this to work: following the basic instructions, when I plug the extender into the mains power socket, I see all three green lights (power, ethernet and data) but after about 5 seconds the data light goes off. The plug in hotspot also shows the data light as off.

I can see the SSID of the hotspot but just no internet cnnection. My HH6 is working fine and giving me wifi.

I also bought the mini wifi Home Hotspot 600 and the extender also does the same, so i'm doing something consistently wrong and it's not hardware failure

Any ideas gratefully accepted. Tony

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Setting up Home Hotspot Plus 600 kit

You may need to disable smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable from the home hub to the extender input connection?

0 Ratings
TY1104
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi, I've tried both suggestions and unfortunately no luck. In fact the data lamp on the extender now stays unlit. The ethernet light flickers, which the instructions say is data being sent, so something is happening at least.  

0 Ratings
TY1104
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Also I've just noticed that within the Smart Hub Manager, it shows that my hub has not ethernet ports connected - whereas I have port 1 connected to the TV and port 2 to the plug-in extender. Not sure if this has something to do with it?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

I rather suspect your 'Smart' hub has a lot to do with your problems.

0 Ratings
TY1104
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

It did cross my mind. But i've just unplugged the ethernet from the TV and plugged it  into my laptop  and the connection works and port 1 is showing up as a connection on smart hub manager. But port 2 is still not registering the connection to the plugged-in extender. I'm none the wiser

0 Ratings