cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisac1768
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Severe crackling on phone line

I would like some advice regarding severe crackling that I am getting on my phone line. I have noticed it especially over the last 4 or 5 days . When I listen to the dial tone, there is crackling and it happens all the time thoughout any incoming and outgoing calls. I had BT infinity installed a few weeks ago. The engineer changed the master socket. This problem did not occur before this, which makes me wonder if it is anything to do with it.
I have performed various checks . I have unplugged my broadband equipment. I have taken the front of the plug off from the master socket and used the test socket, but still the crackling remains. I have used a corded phone and plugged this in too , but still the same result.
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem .I would like to resolve this problem and would be grateful for any information.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Severe crackling on phone line

Call 151 and report it as a fault. You'll get a standard warning that there will be a charge if the fault is with your equipment, but if the problem occurs in the test socket that won't apply.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Lisac1768
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your advice. I booked an engineer visit and it turned out that there was a problem with my line at the exchange.
I'm glad I pursued this and did not get frightened about the possible charge!
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

glad all is now resolved for you
0 Ratings