cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljm
Expert
Message 1 of 16

Shame to see you're leaving DS

What a shame to read you're leaving DS! Will miss seeing you're posts and i am sure i speak on behalf of the majority who use this forum in  wishing you well.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 16

Re: Shame to see you're leaving DS

Thanks ljm:)

I'll be making a see ya type post some time soon (already penned, just waiting for the right time;)) so you may or may not see that post.

One hopes it was the majority:), not the minority:( -  but you never can tell these days:(.

Although doubtful, I may return one day ....  but with many users now asking for a star, even new posters will be given a kudos just for posting as it'll be seen as the norm - imho it's gone loopy. I was NEVER here for a star, but some users are bombing the forums just for 'stars' and that's ruined it for me. Sometimes I just can't type fast enough, so what's the point?

A good descriptive answer deserves one, but one liners, even a few words, may not warrant one (again imho). Now a thumbs up or down may of been a better option....?

(should anyone be wondering, I'm still with BT, well until the renewals head ache starts again, but not for these forums).

Anyways, I wish you well too:)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 3 of 16

I wish you well DS. You speak many a true word.
0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 16

Cheers Stew:)

Thanks. I've said it before and I'll say it again - it had to be said.

BT need to step back and take a good look at these forums. Yes they're saving them a tonne of cash but they're turning in to a farce.

As posted above, ya never know if "I'll be back!", but these thriving forums need a rethink here n there imho.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

This may seem like a silly question and obviously you will have your reasons but why all the drama about whether or not you use this forum. You have slagged it off and some of people who use it, you have a signature that says you are leaving and its no longer fun just a ratings war so why don't you just stop using it if your not happy?

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 6 of 16

Straight over your head gg30340, straight over your head.............
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

StewM

No its not over my head. I have read his posts and reasons for leaving and while I and others might agree or disagree with them, I find it odd that he has to post when he is leaving and that he is going to do final post etc. etc. It all seems a bit melodramatic to me.  

If it is not what he or anybody else wants out of a forum and is not run the way he wants it to be, why take part in it.

Having said that I am sure he has contributed many useful posts and helped many people with their problems and obviously by the good wishes he is receiving he will be missed by some forum members should he eventually leave.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 8 of 16

I would really give you a white star, because that is what you want, but in The Lounge I can't.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Ha ha nice one I wondered when that would be brought up. Surely you could come up with something better than that!

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 10 of 16

Touché.
0 Ratings