cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gema
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Shared house/moving house - changing name on bill/new account attached to old account?

Hi

I am moving out of a shared house - I have been looking after the BT account as the named person on the bill was rubbish and paying on time. My email address is attached to this account.

I have ordered a new BT phoneline/broadband in my own name for my new address - however it has attached itself to the older account as I have used the same email address.

My question is - how do I remove myself from the shared house account? And is it possible to pass on the account to another member of the household? I tried to update the details online but it is not possible to isolate the two accounts. If it is not possible to move the contract over to someone else that is fine; would it be possible to cancel one account whilst keeping the new account open?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Shared house/moving house - changing name on bill/new account attached to old account?

You cannot change the name on the account without cancelling the original contract in your name. The other person would then have to start a new contract in their name.

0 Ratings