cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micksturbs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Shattered HTC desire screen

Ah, yes. Household insurance. I daresay you're right. Trouble is, it would require faffing about making a claim and weighing up the risk of increased premium. Which in turn would involve a conversation with and full disclosure to my wife. When it comes to revelations about shattered phone screens, I'm all for super injunctions, gagging orders and generally keeping a bit schtum. Terrible thing, embarrassment.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Aye, there's a lot to be said for telling em all nowt 🙂
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
micksturbs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

To close this thread for anyone interested.....

I went to a small firm near where I live in the east midlands. I spoke to the technician. He fitted a new screen in a little over an hour. They charged me an extra £15 for a while-you-wait service. Which was ok-ish, but I decided to go for it because I'm out and about all day tomorrow, and then it's another blinking bank holiday weekend..... So otherwise it would have been another week without it.

Basic cost £58.90. Could have been worse.

Thanks for the advice.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

and only you and the whole forum know about it  LOLSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
micksturbs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Sshhhh. Can't you keep your voice down? There's people here trying to be discreet. Ho ho.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Pleased it worked out. I don't regret spending about £15 on my hard back and aluminiun inserted front flap cover, as I'm sure my screen would have been cracked by now.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings