cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shetlander
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 25

Re: Shetland Broadband on its nose AGAIN!!!!

Seems to be getting even worse

Down 0.33Megs  Up 0.08 Megs

Utter shambles BT

0 Ratings
Shetlander
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 25

Well thats it, I've had enough.

In the next few weeks I'm having satellite broadband installed and it's bye-bye BT! And by that I mean bye-bye completely, broadband, phones the lot. BT has now lost me as a customer for good.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Shetlander
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 25

Meanwhile, I am still a paying customer of BT and I expect problems to be dealt with and rectified.

It is over a week now that I have been experiencing dreadfully slow speeds. The latest speed test tonight was Down 0.18Megs Up 0.04Megs. I have tweeted BTCare every single day about this and nothing is being done. Since you appear to be ignoring me I have this evening e-mailed your head of Customer Services Warren Buckley and also my MP Alastair Carmichael. I'm still a paying customer I expect this problem to be resolved.

0 Ratings
Shetlander
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 25

And now suffering numerous dropouts which is causing problems with my website. Anyone at BT actually going to get something done about this??

0 Ratings
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 25

The problems with broadband in Shetland probably have nothing to do with your actual line or the kit in the exchange. Most of the problems in Sheltand, Orkney etc are due to the wireless microwave link between Shetland and the mainland. This is not adequate at all and is easily affected by large ships and atmospheric conditions. 

There was previously NO fibre link. However there is now and BT have just activated it. If you are in Lerwick can now order ADSL2+ which will give you up to 20Mbit and you'll actually achieve those speeds now due to the fibre link back to the mainland. This will roll out over the whole of Shetland. 

0 Ratings