cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Shocking BT experience

So BT don't have a form to email them to complain. So here goes. For all those wanting to know how it is to be with BT.

Can I start by saying how disappointed I am in the whole BT brand experience. Firstly I made my initial order and it was cancelled unbeknown to me, I had to log in and check the status of my order and find it had been cancelled. Once the order had been processed again, it got delayed by a week.

I then received my equipment and received a message that my service was active. Once I installed the HomeHub, I had no internet connectivity. I rang and spoke to several foreign help desks (very annoying as I couldn’t understand them clearly and they read from scripts).

After rebooting and reseting my HomeHub for about 20 times I’m told that you have to get the network team to solve the problem and they will call back in 24 hours. This now means I am without internet at home for at least 2 days. Highly distressing as I work from home on occasions and need the internet.

If I told a client that their service wouldn’t start on the deadline day that we agreed to, that would cost me a lot of money and I wouldn’t be able to regain brand trust.

The social media team were equally as unhelpful when I tweeted my discontent. Just got told to contact the chat team. Which took forever and a day.

I am totally disappointed and discontent with the whole experience and I am probably looking to cancel my whole order and service with BT as you have been totally incapable of keeping to your side of the contract.

And now the latest is that you have to send an engineer out which will be Monday, at the earliest. Meaning I have to take time off work at my cost. I'm still not convinced an engineer will be able to solve it as my router says there is broadband.

I was with PlusNet before which runs on the same BT network and never had a problem, I cannot see why and how you could get it so wrong.

It will be really hard for BT to make me want to stay with you as I am totally angry with the whole experience. It will take something extraordinary for me to want to stay with BT and if it doesn't get sorted on Monday I'm cancelling everything.

So to cut a long story short. Don't sign up to BT.

Adrian
16 REPLIES 16
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: Shocking BT experience

Oh and I forgot to mention that due to this I'm having to pay out extra money for 4g data on my mobile contract to cover the lack of Internet due to BT's incompetence.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

@fraggy wrote:

I was with PlusNet before which runs on the same BT network and never had a problem, I cannot see why and how you could get it so wrong.

So why change?

One of life's great mysteries to me is why people have to continually change provider for everything. In over forty years as a householder, I have never changed phone supplier, broadband supplier, electricity supplier, heating oil supplier, bank account or anything else. All this chasing around to save a few pennies causes nothing but hassle. If things are working, leave them alone.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

To save money. It's obvious. If you've got nothing constructive to say don't waste your time.

If it ain't broke don't fix it doesn't work. Proven fact.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

My experience says otherwise. Your choice.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

My experience says you need to evolve.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

I'm not the one without broadband.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Well done. Very helpful.

If you can read then you'll find I'm complaining about the whole BT experience. Not just the broadband.
Beginner
Message 9 of 17

What's wrong with you. You're supposed to be a guru and get you're belittling a customer posting about their unfortunate experience.

It's rather disappointing to read this kind of attitude. I'd recommend you take a moment to compose your next reply and think about how much of a difference you're making in this world with this kind of attitude. Probably none.

To the OP, hope you get this sorted soon. When I used to manage lots of BT accounts there were a lot of issues but some greats wins too. Good luck.
Message 10 of 17

Hi Everyone,

Please keep it friendly and on topic. 

@fraggy I'm sorry about the problems with your BT service, if you need any assistance with this please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings