cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Shoddy Customer Service

My wife rented an apartment in St Albans and as it was a new build she needed a phone line for Broadband connectivity as the Wifi an mobile signal is practically non existant.

the farce begins. Kellys engineer turns up on behalf of Openreach and gets told directly outside the apartment that the building electrician wired everything up wrong so he will need to run an outside line just like our next door neighbours. Seeing this means climbing a ladder the engineer says he will come back in 2 hrs, instead he goes to the internal distibution point sticks a telephone socket on the end of the pair of wires and completes a line test stating the job is complete. he then signs the job off stating the landlord will get the electrician to lay the cable internally which is a complete LIE. Meanwhile me (otherwise known as muggins) sits waiting for the engineer to return.

I ring BT who argue (rightly) with Openreach that the job was NEVER completed, so we rearrange for 2 weeks later. Next Quinns turn up again working on behalf of Openreach this guy is supposed to have the special skills required, what he does not posess is a chuffin drill, something you would think was a staple part of an telephone engineers toolkit!!    

He lays the line and manages to install the cable without a drill (ingenious) tests it and all seems good, but wait I hear you say whats the problem? We find the phone can ring out and she gets infinity connection but no incoming calls BNR (Bell Not Ringing). So back to BT to report the issue and to raise a 3rd complaint, can I just say here that the previous 2 complaints have been closed with no promised callback from the advisor/s that promised to take ownership. Our 3rd complaint is escalated to a manager who gets us to go through all the tests that are given online that have already been followed and exclaims ('Theres a fault on the line')!!! No **Edited** Sherlock. She promises a callback because she's not an Openreach engineer so not able to progress. We then get multiple messages left on the mobiles but no actual phone call as they never let it ring enough when calling. 

**Edited** This customers experience is absolutely shocking and it does not end there. The Infinity download is 13mbit persecond not the average 40 - 52 promised, we spent 1hr 28mins on a call running through all of the online tests and the advisor eventually conceeds we have a valid fault so she raises an rder for a Broadband Boost engineer to visit on the 06/09. Again MUGGINS sits in for the 4/5 time for a whole morning to eventually find out that BT cancelled the said appointment on the 27/08 did they inform MUGGINS errrrrrrr NO!!!!!!!

I raise another complaint to an advisor in Leicester who books another appointment for the 21/09, I find out 2hrs later he has cancelled it and I get another appointment raised again for the 21/09, nothing showing an open fault on the MyBT.com app though and I have emailed the advisor I spoke to directly guess what no reply. The wife only has a 12 month lease BT will probably announce all fixed at 11 Months 364 days.

The whole collection of incidents is a farce, some of the people we have are a farce, one offshore agent told me to stick a sharp object in the 'reset' button of the HUB and in 4 hrs it will be sorted REALLY you actually employ these type of individuals? To get the correct customer service it MUST start at grass roots.

COME ON BT WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS FARCE??????????????????          

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Shoddy Customer Service

Hi @Draconian

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry you've had such a horrid time trying to get service connected at the apartment in St Albans.  Your post doesn't make great reading if I'm perfectly honest Smiley Frustrated

Can you send us over the details and we will help sort everything out?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Sorry cannot find contact details under your username just subjects you have replied on or been involved with? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Draconian

Thanks for posting back and apologies for the confusion.

Underneath my profile picture you'll see a link that says "Click here to contact the mods".  Click that link and complete the web form and once you reach the top of our email queue one of the guys will be in touch to help.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Congratulations @Draconian you actually got a response maybe I'm not filling enough if the horror about the service I've NOT received as not a single answer to my issues in days of posting! I'm sick of seeing my wife in tears every evening over our issues I wish you luck getting yours sorted 👍
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Sometimes ye just gotta keep on lugging mate and don't give up 👍
0 Ratings