cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smartin69
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Should I sign up now for Infinity or wait for extra capacity at existing cabinet?

Go to solution

I have been trying to get BT infinity since the Black Friday deals were on but whilst I was online doing the order the capacity vanished and could not complete the order. BT Openreach say that they are aware and aim to increase capacity at my cabinet by the end of Feb.

Every now and then I notice that the cabinet shows availability again, only for that to disappear within a day or so and go back to Waiting list. This is probably due to other users cancelling their existing connections and thus freeing up a slot for someone like me!

Question is. Would there be any difference in speed signing up now (if someone else doesn't nab that slot first!) or waiting for the extra capacity to come on line in Feb/March. Roadworks.org shows BT work scheduled for the cabinet between 17th and 30th Jan so it appears that a Feb/March switch on of new capacity is possible.

Any advantages to being part of the extra capacity in the cabinet or will I get the same speed if I am in the original part of the cabinet or the extra capacity part?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Should I sign up now for Infinity or wait for extra capacity at existing cabinet?

Go to solution

There is no advantage in waiting, order as soon as you see a slot available. It'll be pot luck if you get it but it saves the waiting.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: Should I sign up now for Infinity or wait for extra capacity at existing cabinet?

Go to solution
Absolutely no difference. If you see a spot, get an order in.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
smartin69
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks.

Managed to grab the slot and place the order. Supposed to be going live on 27th Jan.

Hopefully, won't need to post on here again 🙂