cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Should I upgrade to Home Hub 5?

I currently have Infinity 2, using Echolife HG612 and HH3.

My main pc is connected via ethernet to HH3, and speed tests give me a speed of 56Mb/s download and 17Mb/2 upload.

When I wire the same pc into the LAN port on the HG612 I get far higher speeds, typically download 64Mb/s.

So, I'm losing speed through the HH router.

Will I get faster speeds if I get a combined modem router like the Home Hub 5 and replace the HG612?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Should I upgrade to Home Hub 5?

just read the forum posts on the hh5 and make your own choice
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Or you could get a new router to replace the HH3 and keep on using the OR modem.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

My question was about whether the combined modem+router would give a speed increase.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 5 of 8

Not necssarily. A good router is most likely to though as you have the speed at your modem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

@pintosal wrote:

My question was about whether the combined modem+router would give a speed increase.

You mean would it be as quick as the modem? Why risk it?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Should I upgrade to Home Hub 5?

I wouldnt bother  - the hub is the part you can see hold & maybe get something out of....

its the system you are connecting to that is the major issue..

It's a third or fourth rate system....

that can be described:

1) not fast enough for the real world

2) not supported by peole who actually care

3) not supported by people whao actually know

4) you are blocked out from communicating wth the peole who can sort it ...supposing that there are people in BT who do actually know...that is the tacit question

5) this website itself is a travesty whan you look & see all the people who are struggling to cope or get a resolution..with a service they are paying for....BT have forgot they only exist for customers

6) it appears also that if you make a valid statement one here that may makes someone in BT realise there is an issue (one post in many) it gets put somewhere where it cant be seen..this has happened to me...so the moderators can shuffle me to where they want  - what they cant do is:

a) prevent me from escalating the situation myself including the shal website this is

b) prevent me from writing to BT head office & invoking the response based on business ehtics, codes of conduct & whats written as law

I wouldnt be surprised that this website is moderated from the same sub-continent...by the same teams who struggle to cope with a lame duck system.

I am getting very angry about this...& it will get NATIONAL publicity if it isnt sorted

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

blfarrar

I have check for your previous posts and I see that they are posted in the ADSL section. It has also been commented on the reason that it is there. So I think your comment about posts being put where it can't be seen is incorrect.

https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Anybody-who-can-help-PLEASE-help-me/m-p/1452...

I see that you have been offered help to try and establish what your problem is however it would appear that you have supplied very little information despite being asked, that would allow others to help you.

As regards your comment "this website itself is a travesty whan you look & see all the people who are struggling to cope or get a resolution" I would point out that as is the case in most forums of this type, it is usually only people with a problem who post on them and in comparison with the 6 million customers that BT have the number is pretty low and in many cases the poster finds a resolution to the problem here.

By all means write and complain about all the other things you have mentioned but don't get angry about it. That will only affect you and not BT.

0 Ratings