cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RipandBurn
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Should being a long standing customer be so hard?

Go to solution

I recieved the notice of the Broadband/landline price change, dissappointing given you agree a contract and this is the second rise 18 months into a 24 month contract - a 15% rise so far, so somewhat inflation busting.  Put that to one side.

Also get notice that the BT TV Max deal is coming to an end and will go up.  The BB/TVcontacts don't match but when I ordered TV, I was told that it could be extended to match.

I rand up today and was trying to renew the TV deal (as per the offer at the same price) but BT would only do a 24 month extension and as I have only 6 months left i also had to renew the Broadband  But the BB renewal would be 18 months, so mismatched again with the TV which I wanted to avoid.

I have been a BT customer for well over 10 years but it looks like my only way out is the cancel BB and TV and go to get the PlusNet alternative for 12 months (ironically slightly cheaper and better with free mobile calls) and then start the dance again.  When I put that to the BT servce, they just said that PlusNet would be in touch with them when I ordered.

Has anyone had similar and got any good idea's before I cancel?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Should being a long standing customer be so hard?

Go to solution

Was it the options team your phone 0800800030?

if you are on infinity then you should check your cabinet status before your move just in case it is full and you end up on waiting list with no fibre connection

enter your phone number to check https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
RipandBurn
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Should being a long standing customer be so hard?

Go to solution

Available with room and a good call IM J - thank you (advantage of a small village for a change:)).

Will try the options team as it just seems daft that I am not trying to cut a big deal, just match two services that they provide.

0 Ratings