Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Should i ask for a profile reset

Go to solution

hi, i had bt infinity installed and when it was being installed the engineer noticed i had noise on the line, he did a few tests and said there was a fault outside and wasnt inside and if a could live with it it whould be fine, he showed me my speed which was doing 32mb, bt tester said ip profile 32mb after he left i went to use the phone and i could not get a tone and there was crackling on the line and my internet went to about 2mb, so i rang bt and they sent a engineer round the next day and said he thinks the waterboard had damaged some cables up the road, anyway it took 2 days to fix, and now my profile says 24mb and 10mb.

Did this effect my ip profile and should i ask for a reset?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Should i ask for a profile reset

Go to solution
The dlm in the cab has reset your profile. It cant be reset manually, it will creep up over time if you line is now good. It may take weeks to get back to top speed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
As above, DLM for FTTC is owned and managed by OR and they won't reset it unless it's been affected because of a fault in the OR network that they're fixed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
biz1988
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
i had a similat problem to yours and after many engineer visits and them no finding any faults on my line to cause the low speed i asked him to reset my ip profile which he did no problem. he just rang some department and now ive gone from 22mb to 31mb which has been steady for a few weeks now so they can do it if needed.
0 Ratings
Sham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the replys, i did a hh restart and my speed has gone up to 33mb

0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I am still trying to figure out whether the Openreach DLM is truly automatic or whether there is in fact a level of over-ride.

See this document from Openreach

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/fibretothecabinet/fttc/downloads...

It shows the DLM can be set on request by the ISP to hold a bias towards gaming or stability (see the 3 DLM profiles)! I cannot find any evidence of these profiles being used or adjusted. I suspect it is either not being used or a very well kept secret regarding their usage and adjustment. Or I am misunderstanding the document, and as suggested elsewhere, that all 3 profiles are automatically selected as part of the auto-DLM process itself.

0 Ratings
gurka
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hhhmmm very interesting point about Jonstatt the 3 variations of profiles, I wonder how we could find out what we are actually set to and if there is a option to change ?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
As far as I know all circuits are put on standard by default when an order is placed.

I've read that some ISP's have been trying circuits on stable for the purposes of live TV streaming over FTTC but I don't know much more than that (it was a boring article).
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings