cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Should i do a factory reset?

Hi, well 3 nights ago i got the SG4B1000B316 update and while i really like some of the changes they have made ( better font, counters that work, giveing the correct speeds, ect), they even seem to have fixed the dchp (well at the momment its behaving)  ive also found a massive bug which is really annoying me which is that the advanced/my network list no longer works, it just sits there with the refreshing list message for ages, in fact the hub logs me out before completing the job and the address table only lists 4 devices (our phones, the sky box and a kindle (we have 2 and both are used nightly) we have a total of 12 networked devices in the house which will increase by 3 soon once our alexa's get here

sooooo would a factory reset and re-setup fix this bug do you recon? normily i wouldnt care but i like to use it to keep track of what all my devices are doing.

Also id like to ask how meny of you do resets after updates as a google search comes up with conflicting information with people saying to do/not do it being a almost 50/50 split.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Should i do a factory reset?

Personally, I wouldn't touch a Home Hub with a 10ft bargepole but the perceived wisdom is a factory reset is required after a firmware upgrade.

0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

what would you recomend? ive been looking at the asus 88u but im also thinking its major overkill

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I have the TP Link TD-W9980 but that is obsolete now, it really depends on your wifi requirements. The TP link VR 600 is a good reasonably priced device or the ASUS DSL AC56U. Probaly best to avoid Netgear as they don't intend to release  firmware to work with BT's IPv6 implementation.

0 Ratings
beardez
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

What useless replies!

It always best to do a factory reset after a firmware upgrade. Should remedy any issues you're having 😊
0 Ratings