Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 21 of 40

Re: Sick of BT's constant lies!!!

@pippin..

No your wrong, if you read the whole thread I have explained in detail and ironman is correct, we try to help out many troubled costumers and give our time away to settle the issues but when we want the help ourselves they brush it under the carpet and people like us will not give the help in future if BT are not prepared to help us back, it should be fair dues all round the clock, not when they feel like it and just because you have a few good ratings going for you does not mean your god here cause all I seem to hear and see from you is putting peoples issues down!!!.

I have been given 3 estimates since the 12 month period of being with BT Infinity (28/3.90MB, 19.1/2.90MB and now 15.1/1MB on the BT phone number checker but have no proof cause all estimates change over the net) and my speeds have gone down, that is my point, if you read the whole thread instead of jumping straight away into the fire you will of understood!. You dont buy 1000grams of coffee from Amazon and then they send 500grams out the next day and when you ring up to complain they say it has changed on the amazon site for the same deal over night, you should of looked!, that is my point.

Actually to report back I have had to go back to the set up with the White Openreach router & HH5, I am losing a fair bit of speed with just the HH5 connected, it feels and looks great but the actual results are not great and there is a difference in the two setups also I have found out the Wii U runs awful. I probably need a 3 meter cable to the HH5 but only have a 10m one at the moment to get it where I want it. I still am not satisfied with the speed issue but mods say there on it, it really needs a DLM reset on the line but BT seem to refuse point blank at this time  and say it carnt be done on an Infinity connection but it was done last month at my house by an OR engineer on his mobile phone after several nasty power cuts during a bad storm, took 2 minutes of his time, which I will add, he also added this to his notes on his laptop and told me, if it needed doing anytime again just to emaill BT and ask, I told this to BT over the phone but they have no recollection of this, somehow???.

This is what I was getting, rock soild for months:-

17-Aug-13 2-35-58 PM.png

This is what I get now:-

29-Oct-13 9-35-53 PM.png

Have I made myself clear now!. 🙂 Yes, I understand it maybe a matter of a few MB's and sounds really petty but when I signed up I was getting 27.9MB Down and around 3.70MB Up which was close to my estimate of 28/3.90MB but it started going a bit down hill after about 10 months and now it has gone like this.The one above is the only result I have to prove of my regular speed which was took about a month ago after the last enginner did the DLM reset on the line, I wanted to make sure of the img just so I had no problems again with BT but I have.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 40

I must have missed the dates but bt offer 3 options.
I'm rounding up for ease of typing
1) up to 40mb with 40bm cap
2) up to 40mb with unlimited cap
And 3) up to 80mb with unlimited cap.

Did you got for the higher speed package before this was brought in?
As let's face it, resetting the hub is not the way forward and isn't resetting the DLM something that only OR can do?
Also there is a lot of controversy about weather the DLM can be reset remotely
Highlighted
Sage
Message 23 of 40

I did read the whole thread before I posted.

You state you are on Infinity Option 2. You are not. You are on Infinity Option 1 as clearly shown by your upload profile at 10mbps an Option 2 connection would show 20mbps.

A profile reset can only be actioned by an engineer ATM, that is and always has been the policy since the launch of Infinity.

If this is an OPenreach or BT policy I know not but that's what it is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 40

The problem I see here is not that there is a cap on the line. It's quite obvious that the line won't support 80/20. The drop in speed could be down to more customers being attached to the cab. But my question us, is the OP actually paying for infinity 1 or 2. He says his profile shows infinity 2, but his stats look like infinity 1. This is what needs looking into.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 40

Also OP you talk about resetting your modem, if you are doing this frequently trying to get your speed up it will actually have the opposite effect, better to leave it alone and your profile should raise on its own if your line can support more than you are currently getting
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 40

If you read this post and other posts  on the forum by the OP you will see that has already been pointed out to the OP but he is not prepared to accept this. He is adamant his line is capped and is of the opinion that he pays for Infinity speeds so should get the maximum the infinity speed is advertised at regardless of what line can support.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 27 of 40

I am paying for option 2 not 1, dont know what is going on with the 40/10 thing, I have lots of excuses from BT India but nothing concrete!. I wont accept the speeds, your write, because I was fine for about 11 months also when the enginner came out and fixed it, but all of a sudden after another power cut it went down again but BT deny another reset which takes 2 mins to do and has never gone back up, so why the difference now, who knows?

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 40

You need to get put onto infinity 1 unlimited. Because you're getting no benefit from the more expensive package and it looks like you are physically on 1, but being billed for 2.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 29 of 40

That was what I was going to do but I am worried now if I go for the Option 1 Unlimted it will change my speeds and will go even lower and down to the new estimate of 15.1/1MB, I just dont know what to expect these days when I do a diagnostic check. That is my worry of changing also OR could change my line in the cab and results could make a bad move!. Actually talking of Openreach I have heard something about Watchdog tonight about them being on next week!, not sure if its true or not or what it is about I did not see it myself?. I was just wondering if it was to do with this sort of thing peoples speeds on sign up etc.. and not getting later on, estimates changing and complaints.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 40

Leaving aside for a moment what package you are on, you have been informed numerous times from a few posters that your line can not support Infinity 2 maximum speed. Your line can only support Infinity 1 speed and even then it can not get the maximum speed of Infinity 1. It is nothing to do with your line being capped. It is to do with the distance from the cabinet and the quality of your line that determines the speed you will get. 

The only time a line gets capped is if you opt for Infinity 1 the line will be capped to a maximum of 38Mbps. That is because that is the maximum BT will allow you to have on Infinity 1 regardless of what your line will support. This is to stop people whose line can support faster than 38Mbps from only paying for Infinity 1 and getting faster speeds.

This however will not apply to you because you have said yourself that the maximum you have ever got is 26Mbps. This is below the maximum of 38Mbps so the cap on Infinity 1 will not effect you. They DO NOT cap it lower than 38Mbps.

Regarding the package you are on. Your IP profile is showing you as being on Infinity 1. If you are being billed for Infinity 2 you are being over charged and you need to get that changed. It is not a case of changing onto Infinity 1, you are already on it. It is a case of getting your bill changed to reflect that. That is assuming you are being billed for Infinity 2 and you are not mistaken.

The estimate is just that.. an estimate. You can get more than an estimate and you can get less but as you are already on an Infinity 1 IP profile it won't change when you get your billing problem sorted out.

0 Ratings