cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 13

Sick of it

Am just sick ofthe speed I am getting out of BT's pathetic broadband...

Download speedachieved during the test was - 752 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4192 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 3500 Kbps

This is down to traffic management...iplayer unwatchable, youtube unwatchable..

Had hoped to get infinity but I live 400 metres too faraway from the cabinet...anyone 400 metres neare can get 30meg...Great!!

I'm not going to post my stats as I've maxed my line using a DG834G and with 53dB loop loss this is the best I can get..but in evenings and the weekend intenet is pathetic..dial-up speeds, terrible lag for gaming...

JUst plain sick to the teeth of 21st C technology via the medium of 1950's GPO telegraph poles and rotting copper wires bodged together here and there...disgusting really...

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: Sick of it

Welcome to our world.
Really, forget Infinity. It's as bad as the one you have now.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

What about moving ? 😛 I hear homeswap is a common thing lol

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Heh. You think you have it bad?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1303655352.png

People in South Africa have a faster internet speed than this and the UK has had Internet access since it was first created (obviously not nationally).

http://i.imgur.com/9uIKv.jpg

Go on. Guess.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Im sick of it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Britain, for what its worth, is TERRIBLE at Internet speeds and its really quite insulting. Countries like Sweeden are much more intune with these types of things, such as Gaming (Dreamhack)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Yes BT has been screwing this country for years and have made billions of pounds profits, they could have afforded to rewire the whole country many times over, yet they continued to screw us rather than spend money upgrading.

Thats the problem when 1 company has the monopoly over the whole countries telecommunications network, its time richard branson stepped up and screwed BT like they have screwed us :smileyhappy:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

BT Wholesale/Openreach don't have the first clue how to maintain the network and can only be described as cowboys.     I bet most of the problems that people are having with speed and connection problems could be easily and cheaply fixed by a competent engineer.  We somehow need to change BT's monopoly.

Over 9 months and still waiting for BT to fix a simple fault http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/BB-disconnects-when-phone-rings-had-18-BT-visi...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 13

I know it's pathetic. Maybe post some more speedtests over at the ThinkBroadband Forums? Maybe BT will do something about it then 😉

Personally I have had a ping problem for ages now (Contacted the mods - they did **bleep** all about it, just the usual 'We can't find anything wrong with your line' stunt). I even have screenshots proving the ping I used to get was better than it is now (It's almost double now and I have the same fast-path settings and line stats - Better ones actually).

As for my throughput speeds - They are a hit and miss. Makes me think and seems like my whole exchange is on a 30Mb backhaul Smiley Mad

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

To chainsawdude,

Everyone is as bad as each other, why do V not open up their ducts to other providers? Why do all other providers not pay for their own equipment, exchanges, lines etc. Because it costs to much, let Branson take over, unless you live in a city then your without a paddle.

As bad as BT are at least some people outside of city's stand a chance.