cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Signal assist with other EE based mobile networks

Hi,

I have a BT mobile SIMO plan and I also have a BT signal assist box which works really well. 

Does anyone know if the BT signal assist box will work with other EE based networks like Plusnet, Virgin mobile or EE itself?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Signal assist with other EE based mobile networks

Hi @Broadswordcalling 

I definitely does with EE so as BT is an MVNO I would expect the others too as well.

Message 3 of 5

When I asked BT Mobile earlier this year about Signal Assist, due to the two masts serving my area both being down for several months, I was told that it was no longer being supplied and the backend servers that support it were being decommissioned in favour of WiFi Calling.

As EE is part of BT, then it way well have a limited life left on the EE network as a whole, including its MVNO's?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Paul608085wrote:

When I asked BT Mobile earlier this year about Signal Assist, due to the two masts serving my area both being down for several months, I was told that it was no longer being supplied and the backend servers that support it were being decommissioned in favour of WiFi Calling.

As EE is part of BT, then it way well have a limited life left on the EE network as a whole, including its MVNO's?

I think it's been mentioned a few times on here that Signal Assist is no longer being supplied etc, I still prefer to use mine over wifi calling as I found it more reliable, at least initially with the phone I had at the time.

If they're going to stop the service altogether  then I would hope they would contact all users and give them significant notice as there's likely to be some who don't have wifi calling capable phones.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Oh dear, that's not good news, as a lot of the MVNOs don't support WiFi calling.

I need a 2nd SIMO plan and BT aren't great value, so might get a Plusnet mobile one on a 1 month contract, so at least I won't be stuck mid contract if BT do shut down signal assist.

0 Ratings