cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoppity
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Signal boosting

We are thinking of changing to BT since we have BT broadband.

The main hesitation is that with our Vodafone contract comes a Suresignal box which is attached to the newtwork. It creates a five-bar signal in the house and routes the call to Vodaphne via broadband and then onwards to the mobile network (and vice-versa for incoming calls). Suresignal cured years of cursing the signal quality at home, missed calls and standing in the front garden to make important calls when things were particularly bad. We wouldn't go back!

Does BT offer a similar system? I know it's possible to make calls over wifi as if they the home landline calls but this question is about pure mobile, with any usage coming off the contract minutes. The solution would need to handle both incoming and outgoing calls and, sadly, it's deal-breaker if BT don't offer an equivalent.

TIA,

Hoppity

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Signal boosting

Simple answer no they don't

0 Ratings
mike-l
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Bt aret trialling this on their hub 5 and 6's. I don't think this has reached any roll out stage yet.

0 Ratings
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Do you know for sure that the EE signal is equally as poor as Voda in your area?  Maybe such a solution isn't even required?

0 Ratings
mike-l
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

My advice would be to keep to the devil you know. Why would anyone throw away a proven, working acceptable solution for one that might work. That is what I did and despite weeks of effort and frustration have gotten no-where and nothing is getting resolved. I would not want you to be tempted into following my example on the basis you do not know for sure the alternate might not be worse than your current service. Imho that would be daft. Warning, despite me being in an area marked as 'excellent' for reception I have no service and the only suggestion received from BT is that I can cancel my contract as they do not know what is wrong.

0 Ratings
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Are you on a trial for this, because as far as I'm aware the Hub 5 does not offer this and BT have not launched a Hub 6 model.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

any trialists would be on a non disclosure
agreement
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Exactly. So the comment about femtocell integration on the current Hub 5 never mind the mysterious Hub 6 is either non factual conjecture or a breach of NDA.