cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salmonfish72
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Signed BT Broadband Infiniti 2 for 78MB Speed but now after forum search I have doubts..

Hello,

I am with BT Copper Broad Band with unlimitted download for the last 6 years.

This October cabinet near my home has been activated for FTTC.

I on enquiring about Infiniti [as mine coming up for renewl in 2 weeks] suggested to go for Infiniti 2 by BT spokes person after she checked  my line and informed me that I can get 78GB download speed.

I am awaiting for an engineer visit on 11th Thuresday 2014. My HH5 to arrive in post  sometime today.

I should have searched in here prior to placeing my order... But that is late in the day..

Capture 7.PNG

I after reading few posts in here with few having problems, discovered the above way of checking my available download speed.

I suspect I would only receive Infiniti 1 speeds from my cabinet?  Do I need to contact BT to varify if I would obtain speeds as was told?

Regards

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Gribley
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Signed BT Broadband Infiniti 2 for 78MB Speed but now after forum search I have doubts..

You are well into Infitity 2 speeds....  yes will depend on distance you are from cab but you have gone for the right package assuming you don`t get a pants service 😛  on the plus side if the service is pants you get to spend many happy hours talking to customer service in India

switch625
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Signed BT Broadband Infiniti 2 for 78MB Speed but now after forum search I have doubts..

According to the above you should get between 55Mbps (minimum) - 80Mbps, so you'll be well above Infinity 1 speeds.

Salmonfish72
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thank you Gribley for your time.

I hope "not" my X'Mas hoildays chasing people in India>.Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Why would you suspect you would only get Infinity 1 speeds? The estimate you have clearly shows you will get above that.

BT always quote the maximum speed for a Range A line. Depending on the quality of your line, which could be either a Range A or a Range B line, you can expect download speeds between 54Mbps and 80Mbps.

The maximum download speed for Infinity 1 is 38Mbps so it is worth you going for Infinity 2.

Salmonfish72
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I am sorry if I have chosen the wrong word"Suspect" but got rather over worried reading few posts in here which I should have done well before contacting BT I suppose. [No excuse but I am not a young person either.]Smiley Sad

Now I am beginning to understand Infiniti 1 & Infiniti 2 speeds...

Thank you for your reply. It is really appreciated for your time and effort.

Regards

0 Ratings