Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alp27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Signed up for 40mb.. was estimated 24mb but getting 10-12mb HELP

Hi Guys,

I had BT Infinity installed on 12 April. Speed at time was approx 9mbs. I spoke to support and they got me to change my channel and it went up to between 10 and 12. They advised that they would make some changes at their end but for the first 10 days it can slow and drop off but after 10 days it should be fully up to speed and I should notice it increase to near quoted.

It is STILL only a max of 12 mb and that is when wired or wireless... it doesnt make a difference. I'm in work on lunch but intend to call BT tomorrow on my day off when im home and get them to investigate.

Is this common? and is there some setting I can change on the HH3 to help the speed increase. I did a speedtest.net test just last night and was getting

11.47DL

0.97 UP

44 Ping

THEY QUOTED ME THIS

BT Infinity Superfast fibre optic broadbandGreat news! You are eligible for superfast BT Infinity. 23.1Mb download
4.6Mb upload

My package included unlimited DL and the 38-40mb infinity package

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

alp

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Signed up for 40mb.. was estimated 24mb but getting 10-12mb HELP

Can you run a wired test at www.speedtester.bt.com using the ADSL and FTTC speedtest. Can you report the results, most importantly the IP profile.

Cheers.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 16

These are only estimations, but would of thought you would be receiving a bit more. Could you run a B.T speedtest and post your results please? http://www.speedtester.bt.com/

We can take a look at your profiles and see what's going on.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
alp27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

going home shortly so i will run the test and update in next hr.. thanks for the prompt response.

alp

0 Ratings
alp27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

going home shortly so i will run the test and update in next hr.. thanks for the prompt response.

alp

0 Ratings
alp27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

nipped home at lunch to run the test... it got to the end but then said to do a tap 3 test it needed me to change the DSL user name... im pretty good with computers but spend half an hour trying to find the option in the home hub settings to change it and failed LOL.

can you guys advise how i change my username? once i know i will rerun the test tonight and post the results

cheers guys

alp

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Run the test at www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk as the BT speedtester has been riddled with issues giving odd results recently.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
alp27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

thanks my friend... i will be home in 4-5 hours.. will run it then and post results... thanks for all your help

alp

0 Ratings
alp27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

one last quick Q...  will www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

let me give you the IP profile you requested in your first post??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

It doesn't no but it's the most accurate speedtest I've came across.
0 Ratings