cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottiegirl
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Signed up for a 12 month contract on broadband & callsbt changed to 18month without my knowing?

Can anyone offer any advice. Took out a 12 month contract on bradband and calls deal, got a specific price for 12 month contract, and took out 12 month line rental too. Gone into my account as had a billing query and noticed they have now put my contract as 18 month, even though i have written order confirmation it was for 12 months.

Also my billing query, spent over an hour on phone speaking to 2 separate people, who were very unhelpful, they could not listen, and were asking my details 3 times over and i do not have any accent.

I enter a contract with BT for broadband and calls at £20.00 p.m, for a 12 month term. On the basis for that 12 months I will just be paying this amount. By entering that contract I am showing faith and commitment to that company. Why then can they at the drop of a hat just change the prices in your agreement. I would not sign an agreement with a company if they were going to be able to change prices just like that.

You only enter a contract with a company on an informed basis - That you are getting these services for this price only for this 12 month contract term. I have found out that my broadband and calls have now gone up to £21.25p.m.

Other companies I have committed to a contract, you sign up for a specific time for a specific price and they do not change that price while you are in that contract.

Please can anyone give me some advice, calling BT direct has just lent lots of wasted time and frustration. I will be logging a complaint with all this as well.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Signed up for a 12 month contract on broadband & callsbt changed to 18month without my knowi

Welcome to the forum. There was a general price increase on 1 December. You should have had a notice of that some weeks before which gave you an option to end your contract without penalty. I'm asking the moderators to look into why your minimum term was increased and they should post contact info here shortly.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 3

Re: Signed up for a 12 month contract on broadband & callsbt changed to 18month without my knowi

Hi scottiegirl,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry for the mix up with your contract term and I appreciate the time you have taken to call us to sort out your billing query.

Send me over your details and I'll take a look.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings