cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 25

Sim Activation - The Real Problem ? Mobile Order Still in Progress

I have spoken to so many at BT, both here in UK and overseas, and all I can say is it is not the fault of the customer service operators as they can only give us the information they are given.

Someone, or some department, should own up and give us the truth about what has happened and what plans are being enacted to solve the problem, and a genuine timescale, so we can at least know a results date, excuses are shameful I'm afraid.

Will we ever get the truth ? I have my doubts, and in the meantime my grandaughter is not the happiest person in the world as she has not had the phone working for days now..not good for a 20 year old..

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 25

Re: Sim Activation - The Real Problem ? Mobile Order Still in Progress

Sounds like some large technical issue is the cause with no one prepared to give an accurate timescale to it being fixed. Someon was given Monday (12th) as a up and running day but who knows.

I wonder if they are still sending new sims out without any warning of the delays!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 25

I was told that it is marked down NOT to send out ANY new sims as this will not solve the problem, it will just make the problem worse!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 25

Yes, they are still sending Sims out without warning.  Not even anything up on My BT Homepage to warn people.  Utterly dischuffed.  When is a phone not a phone?  When it doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 25

So, I am not alone in the limbo of non activating SIMs? I am now on my third new SIM and was assured that EE were 'working on the problem. manually' and that my new phone 'would be activated over the weekend. Come on BT, the fairy dust and gaffer tape botch up is not working. You need to get the phones working or admit defeat, recall the lot and start again.

I am very disappointed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 25

Is it true that you should receive three texts or emails when your sim is fully activated? I've received one so far and my phone does show a signal on my bars and can make emergency calls only and is not registered on the network yet, all very odd and you would think a communication giant like BT would have solved this by now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 25

My son has been without service for over 3 weeks and trying to get any updates from BT is proving to be quite difficult, shocking customer service.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 25

I'm beginning to wonder if I would have been better buying a sim cutter, trimming my micro sim down to nano size and using that in my new phone, would that have worked or does my new phone have to be paired with the original sim?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 25

the customer service with this issue is absolutely shocking I have been in touch daily and all you get told is the next 24 hours and to be patient if not activated tomorrow they can have the phone and sim back and I will cancel my contract

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 25

Having bought my wife an iphone5s for her birthday on the 8th (and receiving the new nano sim promptly) she is still waitng to use the new phone as the sim although activated is'nt working.

She is fortunate enough to be still using her old Nokia with the old sim(same number)

Any ideas out there?

0 Ratings