Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Sim card non activation

Go to solution

Had new phone for a week. Needed a replacement sim because I needed a nano size. Ordered sim,after 36 hours,still wasn't working. ordered new sim,tried activatating it at 4.30 PM on Thursday.by 7.30 PM,still not working so got on live chat where basically all the details I gave were ignored and was assured it would be activated by midnight Friday.now 00.29 sat morning and still not working. Not been able to use phone for a week,still being charged and fobbed off on live chat,I am not happy so will BT please pull their finger out and sort my sim card out and stop fobbing me off. I would be most grateful. Thank you.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Message 2 of 22

Re: Sim card non activation

Go to solution

@trev73 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having issues activating your BT Mobile sim. Did you manage to get this sorted? Post back to let me know if you need any help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution
Hi.was on live chat twice on Saturday,result being they sending yet another new sim out(3rd one).will post update soon as.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

@trev73 Oh I see, fingers crossed it will work OK for you this time. If it doesn't I've made the contact the mods link visible so you can send us over your details. You'll see the link by clicking on my username.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

thank you. appreciate it. 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

Yep got exactly the same problem, just fitted the third attempt replacement SIM waited 3hrs an nothing I rang support line again..

I've been told that the old one (micro) is deactivated (but it isn't) and the new one (nano) is active  and its not. I can still make calls on the old SIM recieve texts etc?

There's been no sign of the activation texts/messages being recieved Cant believe I'm unlucky enough to have 3 dodgy SIM's and I know the new phone works as it accepts 02, EE and Vodaphone SIM no problem, before you ask its not locked  

Could the problem be that its a ported number I'm trying to change the SIM on ? There's obviously somthing wrong with the SIM activation process even though I talked to other who have done this sim change process and its gone ok for them

Can somebody get back to me to get this resolved ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

just tried my original micro sim and got a message to say my new sim was now active even tho thats my old sim because i needed a nano one. now had 3 nano sims sent out and not one worked..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @trev73 Sorry to hear you've had 3 nano Sims and not one worked. We are currently looking at around 7 days before we got to your case. When we pick it up we'll be able to help get this sorted for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

got it sorted.went on livechat,livechat then rang me,said we have sent 3 sims, we cant do anything else, will pass you to our cancellation dept!!!!!! i flipped, got put thru to another dept,very helpful lady who got a techie on the phone. 5 mins later, all sorted. stick to your guns. i did.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

sorted now ty 🙂

0 Ratings