Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: Sim card non activation

Go to solution

Trev,

Did they actually tell you what the problem was? if so can you let me know what BT did to resolve the issue ?

I've just recieved replacement SIM number 4 and still no solution, although the a/c says its using the new SIM number, it cant be as the old SIM I have, is still working fine.

Proven beyond doubt there is no issue with the phone, and teh problem drags on unfortunately

It'd be nice if I could reference your solution to the help desk when the call me next week so they can try and solve my problem 

cheers in advance

Baz

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution
Basically woman on live chat rang,said we have sent u 3 Sims,we can't do anything else,was going to put me thru to cancellations,I had a go saying thts ridiculous,got put thru to very helpful English lady who put a techie on the phone. Got me to switch it off/on ,then take sim out/in again.finally he refreshed the network settings at their end,then I switched phone off/on again and it was sorted.now my account even shows the right phone. Before it showed Nano sim in moto e 2ND gen which is rubbish cos they take micro. People on livechat wudnt accept their computers were wrong.hope this helps.let me know how u get on.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @Bazza

Sorry you're having this problem too.

We'll look into this for you here also.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution
Robbie, appreciate the effort in calling me today offering your apologises and acknowledging my email. Only a small thing but it means a lot that someone can take the trouble to do that. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @trev73

No problem!  I'm glad you got it sorted in the end up before I stepped in!

@Bazza  Whenever you get your details over to us we'll get you sorted out too.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Robbie,

I've also got a call in with helpdesk/mobile support they say there's an FR recorded against my case, with all the details on it.

As this is the 4th SIM, they said it would have to be escalated higher, so for the moment I'll hold off hassling you as well,  unless I get no joy from the support team, I'll call them Tuesday, after the bank holiday  .

Appreciate everyone's doing what they can at this problem, it's so ruddy frustrating.

I havent lost my service, just that it wont move from the old micro SIM to the new NANO one  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

Hi Trev,

Thanks for the feed back.

Yep been through the hokey cokey (in out, in out not had to shakeit about (yet)) with the SIM, checked all the settings for API and MMS, so it sounds similar.

If I check the account the new sim number is active, but states its in the old phone!?!, so it may be a similar problem to what you had after all.

I'm chasing the support desk call I have open on tuesday after the hols, Ill mention this conversation and see if that steers them in the right direction to sorting this out, thanks for taking the time to replay

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution
Np mate. Sounds identical but at least you know there is a solution.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Does happy dance,

Yep the network reset seems to have sorted it, scary moment as the service transferred with both phones being dead. But the message comes through about SIM/phone being active, and all is well.

Cheers once again for the pointer in the right direction

regards

baz

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution
Excellent news. Glad I could help in some way. Frustrating when the answer was that simplistic.
0 Ratings