Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Simple way to upgrade BT TV to BT 4k Ultra TV

Go to solution

I have Infinity 2 (download speed using my desk top pc using 5Ghz wireless is 43-53Mb) and BT TV inc Netflix for 2 screens. However, as hard as I try, I can't seem to upgrade my BT TV to the new 4k Ultra HD package.

Is there a ''link'' which takes "existing customers" to a straightforward and clear upgrade experience ?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Simple way to upgrade BT TV to BT 4k Ultra TV

Go to solution
Just call them, thats what I did quick and easy
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Have you tried

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/manage-tv

straightforward and clear are not the first words I would associate with a BT order

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I may try that ......... although with my past experience I was hoping to avoid that route

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Yep ............ I tried this link a few times but it just comes back with a zero pounds order each time, and zilch further help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Possibly its you having  Netflix on your existing package - as that is not currently available on the Ultra HD box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

How strange ..... are you telling me the BT 4k Ultra HD box doesn't support the Netfilix app at all (including SD & HD "stuff")?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@TrickyDicky wrote:

How strange ..... are you telling me the BT 4k Ultra HD box doesn't support the Netfilix app at all (including SD & HD "stuff")?

not currently, as it will be able to display UHD content as well as SD/HD content it is still awaiting signoff with an ETA of december..

tbh given the lack of UHD content from BT its a massive fail as far as I'm concerned, and before everyone pitches in with the 'just use your TV app' its not the same, a one stop solution for all viewing is what im after.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Of course you can always have a Netflix subscription and watch on other devices ... eg your older Youview box , your TV  - I suspect many 4k Ultra TV's will have their own Netflix app  - whether you can retain an existinmg Netflix from BT subscription with a Ultra HD TV package I don't know . If it can I suspect it would need to be done via an experienced BT operative rather than online. If it can't then taking a subscription (may be at different cost as Netflix changed some price packages for new orders)  directly with Netflix should be straughtforward.

If you watch on other devices you will need to consider any broadband usage implications if you are not on unlmited usage,

0 Ratings