Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ip33
Contributor
Message 1 of 33

Sims activated but no mobile data or text

Go to solution

Hi. My wife and I received our new BT sims this evening and both received the text to say we have been activated but either of us can access mobile data and I cannot receive or send texts. I spoke to a tech guy and told me to download the BT mobile app but that has done nothing.

Would it be better to be sent two new sims and start again?

Not very happy spent the best part of three hours trying to sort this out.

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 33

Re: Sims activated but no mobile data or text

Go to solution

It can take a while for mobile data to become active. You need to turn the phone off for a few minutes, then back on again, so it re-registers with your local cell site.

0 Ratings
ip33
Contributor
Message 3 of 33

Go to solution

I have done that with both phones but no joy I'm afraid, I'll try again in the morning. If not two new sims may be in order I think!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 33

Go to solution

I am sure I remember a second text, some hours later, telling me that mobile data was now enabled, but it could take a while for the instructions to reach all of the cell sites, so trying again tomorrow would seem like a good idea.

Activation of a SIM appears to be in stages.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 33

Go to solution
Has to network setting been updated. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49921/c/7168/?s_cid=con_FURL_setupmyphone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ip33
Contributor
Message 6 of 33

Go to solution

Tried again this morning but no luck. I think it would be better to start again if BT is unable to get this working. How do I get two new sims?

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 7 of 33

Go to solution

Hi ip33,

Thanks for posting and welcome back! Smiley Happy

Apologies you're having problems using mobile data now that you've received your new SIM cards.  Keith is right, you should receive three texts in total when you activate the SIM and the second one confirms you're set up for mobile data.

You can send us over your details and we'll get you sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
ip33
Contributor
Message 8 of 33

Go to solution
Many thanks, I have done as you suggested.
0 Ratings
ip33
Contributor
Message 9 of 33

Go to solution

Got a new sim and received two texts but mobile data still not working and the BT mobile app says it has sent a text but I haven't got it. 

How long will this all take?

0 Ratings
Mancunian01
Contributor
Message 10 of 33

Go to solution
Should be pretty much immediately. My calls and texts worked as soon as I'd activated, and the data came on with a restart.
0 Ratings