cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Singing in to BT Broadband, using IE10, where is the "keep me logged in" tick box

Every time I open Internet Explorer, I now have to log in. What has happened to the "keep me logged in" tick box which used to be displayed on the log-in panel?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Message 2 of 11

Re: Singing in to BT Broadband, using IE10, where is the "keep me logged in" tick box

@Richard1506 wrote:

Every time I open Internet Explorer, I now have to log in. What has happened to the "keep me logged in" tick box which used to be displayed on the log-in panel?

I see it's your first post so "Welcome to the Forums",

As far as I remember there was no "keep me logged in box" for the login to MyBt as such.

Is it possible that you are referring to webmail, or BT Yahoo mail?

There's a "remember me" box, which if it performs correctly, will remember your username but not password.

If you clear your history each time you exit IE10, then the remember me doesn't always work, even if you have selected the save cookies for favourite websiites, and save information in forms options.

Regarding clearing history - some say it's not wise to do it on every exit, others say it is. It's matter of opinion. but if you have selected a "keep me logged in option" somewhere, the chances are that it will be cancelled.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Re: Singing in to BT Broadband, using IE10, where is the "keep me logged in" tick box

When trying to log on to BTYahoo the keep me logged in box on is still visible on Firefox so I suspect it is probably missing because of a security setting in IE10. It may be that you have either an add on that is blocking it or protected mode or similar setting is ticked.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 11

@gg30340 wrote:

When trying to log on to BTYahoo the keep me logged in box on is still visible on Firefox so I suspect it is probably missing because of a security setting in IE10. It may be that you have either an add on that is blocking it or protected mode or similar setting is ticked.

gg, I use IE10 in protected mode with the default security setting (medium).

There is an enhanced protection mode under "advanced " options, however. Advanced settings can be reset to default.

If the op is refering to logging in to BT Yahoo services, then the "keep me logged in" box is still there for IE10 default settings.

I've generally found that moving away from IE10 default settings makes it unpredictable.

Clearing history, preserving favourite website cookies, also seems unreliable. I always use this feature, (you can set IE10, or earlier IE's to do this automatically) but some may say that it's unwise.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Re: Signing in to BT Broadband, using IE10, where is the "keep me logged in" tick box

I tried to correct the title - you wouldn't want to hear me sing- but I couldn't, so apologies for that.

Thank you for your welcome note.

Previously to yesterday, I had a tickbox on my log-in page which would keep me logged in to BT Yahoo services for 2 weeks, only having to log in that frequently. Now, I have to log in every time I open my hompe page, which is set as http://home.bt.yahoo.com/. On my iPad, I do not have this problem, whick makes me think it is actually a problem with IE10 & Windows 7. Whenever I close IE10, I get a box telling me that Internet Explorer has shut down unexpectedly, and Windows is looking for a solution. This only happens when I close the last window, otherwise, I can open as many as I  want with no log-in or shutdown problems at all. Maybe I should revert to IE9.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Re: Signing in to BT Broadband, using IE10, where is the "keep me logged in" tick box

I have checked on my laptop, running IE10, Window 7 and I also do not have the keep me logged in box. I turned off protected mode in Internet Options and the keep me logged in box re-appeared. 

I don't have any other problems with IE10.

Personally I would rather run in protected mode and log in everytime I needed to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

@Richard1506 wrote:

I tried to correct the title - you wouldn't want to hear me sing- but I couldn't, so apologies for that.

Thank you for your welcome note.

Previously to yesterday, I had a tickbox on my log-in page which would keep me logged in to BT Yahoo services for 2 weeks, only having to log in that frequently. Now, I have to log in every time I open my hompe page, which is set as http://home.bt.yahoo.com/. On my iPad, I do not have this problem, whick makes me think it is actually a problem with IE10 & Windows 7. Whenever I close IE10, I get a box telling me that Internet Explorer has shut down unexpectedly, and Windows is looking for a solution. This only happens when I close the last window, otherwise, I can open as many as I  want with no log-in or shutdown problems at all. Maybe I should revert to IE9.

gg and Richard.

For some inexplicable reason I have BT.com set in compatibility view. (Compatibilty view allows older websites to diplay correctly.) Perhaps that explains the behavioural difference.

It may have ben left that way after attempts to block the survey popups and cookie warning popups.

however I don't use BT Yahoo as a home page.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 11

I find the cookies controls for internet explorer to be too strict by default. They cause sites to often forget they are logged in.

Click the cog symbol at the top right of internet explorer. Select internet options then go to the privacy tab.

Move the privacy slider to low then click apply.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

@Malacath wrote:

I find the cookies controls for internet explorer to be too strict by default. They cause sites to often forget they are logged in.

Click the cog symbol at the top right of internet explorer. Select internet options then go to the privacy tab.

Move the privacy slider to low then click apply.

IE is a minefield in itself.

Can the specific BT website (BT .com or BTYahoo .com) be set up as a Trusted Site, and specific rules be applied just to that site??

Would be interested to know.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Hi, and thanks for all your suggestions.

It turns out that I have managed to solve the problem, it was nothing to do with BT, but with Yahoo. Logging in separately, I managed to find the checkbox in Yahoo, and logged in for 2 weeks. The error box has also disappeared.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

Richard

0 Ratings