cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LouW
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Sky Q Connection Problems

I have BtHomeHub 5 with unlimited fibre infinity 2 broadband. We have recently had Sky Q installed with 3 mini boxes, 1 mini in conservatory & 2 minis upstairs in bedrooms, the main sky q box is in the lounge. We are constantly losing conection on all boxes and it is driving me mad! Just completed a test speed on my computer and it says download speed is 22.6mb/s. We also have 3 tp link powerlines, 1 upstairs and 2 downstairs.

Any help how I can solve this problem will be very much appreciated!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Checked2013
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sky Q Connection Problems

Not sure why your post has been moved as it's clear from your post that it's more of an issue with your Infinity broadband as you've said that the speedtest on your computer is saying 22.6Mb. This is way too low for Infinity 2.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

@Checked2013 wrote:

Not sure why your post has been moved as it's clear from your post that it's more of an issue with your Infinity broadband as you've said that the speedtest on your computer is saying 22.6Mb. This is way too low for Infinity 2.

Because he is getting 22.6Mbps does not mean it is too slow for Infinity 2. Infinity 1 and 2 are the same product. The only difference is that Infinity 1 has a software cap preventing it from going above 52Mbps if the line could support it.

It may be that 22.6Mbps is all the speed that the OPs line can support. If that is the case he is wasting his money being on Infinity 2 but it does not necessarily mean there is a fault with his line.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Just to clarify my previous post.

To establish what the OPs line can support and to establish a) If there is a possible fault with the line and b) if it is worth being on Infinity 2, the OP would need to run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then scroll down the page and carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

As you have a Homehub 5 can you post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

Once that has been the information provided it will allow for an informed diagnosis of where the problem may lie and if it is worth being on an Infinity 1 or 2 package.

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 5 of 5

What exactly are you losing connection to?

Basically sky q has two seperate networks, it has one connection to your broadband via either wireless or ethernet. It then has a seperate private wireless network that the mini boxes use to communicate back to the main box.

If you are losing connecition on your mainbox is that to ondemand or live TV shows via the TV guide?

If this is just on the miniboxes are you losing all connectivity to the main box? In settings you can see if the internet connection is unavailable try it when you are having issues.

0 Ratings