cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelts
Contributor
Message 11 of 65

Re: Sky Sports 1 and 2 and BT in general - Absolutely disgraceful

Yes fair point and I did read your whole post, it just went on a bit , but I can understand your frustration and realise it can't be easy getting fobbed off constantly, I imagine you have a case to claim back at least part of the money you have paId to BT over the years.

What speed do you get? We get around 26mb d/l via wireless despite the Max line speed being 48 when the engineers tested, BT had capped the speed, they took the cap off and whilst we did briefly get faster speeds the connection kept dropping and like you had to constantly reset the hub. It has since stabilised but the speed is back to around 26-30 but very rarely drops off now

Sky isn't any better, was on their broadband for years and was always losing it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ians
Contributor
Message 12 of 65

I am sorry to hear all the problems you have had. Just hopefully to slightly balance things, I have had BT Internet, then BT Broadband for many years and the service has been altmost faultless. I can only remember one short outage over part of a weekend. I am waiting to see if I can negotiate a simular price package to what I currently pay for Broadband and Phone before deciding to take BT Sport when my contract expires next month. Assuming I get the same deal it has to be a no brainer. On top of that I will be saving £10 a month ESPN subsription. Well done BT.

0 Ratings
DisgustedCustomer26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 65

It's the only way I could fully explain and colleberate our problems, at the end of the day they've been excessive for 3-4 years now so it's no great surprise that when summing them all up, it takes a while....

We've had our speed increased, in all fairness to the engineers they have tried a variety of different actions to try and solve the problem and been completely unsuccessful. They're at that point now where (I live in a small North Devon village so our engineer is a regular) they don't know what to say, they've even hinted themselves it's a problem with the exchange but their hands are tied by BT as to getting to that point on "the process", even though now clearly it's the exchange which has caused the problems with Sky Sports, and I find it rather suspect timing this just happens to coincide with the launch of two new sports channels on the encrypted channels they were using to provide us with Sky Sports 1 and 2.

To be honest, it's not about the money, we want the service! We're happy to pay extra for the channels, hell I'll even go as far to say I'll start a petition to get the exchange multi-cast! We really want to keep the option of SS1 and SS2 and think it's really unfair, especially with all the problems we've recieved, we're now being told we're unable to do so. I also don't see how it could be down to lack of BT customers around here as I know from the engineer it's a very popular service provider, not sure the exact numbers but I've had no indication we're out on our own with this, and also if you really want to improve business numbers and ultimately profit margins, offering a diverse and full service as possible to all customers is the only way to go! Especially when those customers have been banging fists on you desk about these problems for the better part of half a decade now.

I don't doubt Sky has it's own set of issues but if they can find a way to offer me the sports channels and BT aren't willing to compete with them or match it, then I'm going to go the way of what I want to watch aren't I? To be honest I despise Sky's monopoly on the likes of sport and would happily go with the alternate provider if they could offer just a little, and they did with SS1 and SS2 and that amount was perfect, but now they're taking it away and even the customer advisor I spoke too said "can you not get Sky?" Even they weren't really in disagreement with the way we felt about the whole thing.

It's shoddy customer service really of the highest order, and we've been loyal, high-paying customers too, no-one at BT can say we haven't stood by them in that respect.

Where's it coming back the other way though?

0 Ratings
DisgustedCustomer26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 65

I don't doubt there are people Ians who have had no problems, like I say, it's fairly evident where the problem lies, with the exchange. BT Sport is great, if your a football fan, which I am, but I am also a fan of other sports and for the last 3 years have been able to access those on SS1 and SS2, have experienced severe problems with the service but when it's working it's been grand, and now the plug's being pulled, but just for me and a few others and it's clearly connected with our other problems, but no-one at BT seems to be acknowledging that or tackling it. I wonder if a multicast exchange might also correct our internet problems.

0 Ratings
DisgustedCustomer26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 65

buzby, I'll be honest, if you hit the opening line of my message into Google you can find a hundred or so links with people who claim to have email addresses for CEOs, directors, chairmen, head engineers etc. etc. etc. at BT you can complain too directly. If you work for BT fair enough, but I'm guessing you don't, and I'm guessing if you did you wouldn't be allowed to give out the CEO's direct personal email address on an online forum associated with the company, especially to someone who has a clear reason to go hammer and tongs at BT.

No offence too you, thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I'd rather get verified information from someone in a position who can actually address my problem.

0 Ratings
buzby99
Message 16 of 65

i cant say yes or no to your comment!! please try(fair enough)
0 Ratings
buzby99
Message 17 of 65

dc 26 please look at link i have found put your postcode in or a tele number and at bottom of results it mentions multicast in exchange or date for instaling it

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.postcode
0 Ratings
DisgustedCustomer26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 65

Add to that he must get a hundred e-mails a day, if it is in fact him and given he won't know me from the million and one Adams BT provide services for, I suspect he'll be highly suspicious and delete it and report it, I most certainly would in his position.

I have used the DLSchecker before and it gives me no information on a multicast exchange whatsoever, it says we are operating under Cabinet 2.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 65

He personally replies to tweets and he sometimes rings in response to emails.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Martin_Gibson
Contributor
Message 20 of 65

People who complain politely and reasonably to a named senior executive of a company often get a helpful response. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Somebody who is willing to go to the trouble of finding out the name of the relevant executive may also be willing to take their complaints further if they do not receive a response, so there is a reputational risk to both the company and the person if the complaint is ignored.

The complainant might even be a journalist looking for a story. One trick is to throw some business jargon into the complaint, suggesting that the complainant may himself be a senior executive; very awkward for the CEO if he boasts to bankers or institutional shareholders about his company's 'excellent' customer service, and it turns out that he's ignored a complaint from one of the people that he's presenting to. You don't have to be a business journalist, banker or fund manager; just hint that you know something about business in order to raise the possibility that you might be.

Also, the senior management are often very isolated from the experience of the individual customer. They may well accept reports from below that customers are generally happy. Thus, they may be genuinely shocked when they learn of an individual customer's problems.

So well worded complaint to the CEO, addressed to him by name rather than just job title, can be productive.

0 Ratings