cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Westyfield2
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Sky Sports F1 Channel

Given the news that Sky is going to have the exclusive rights to the F1 in the future...

Can I request that (by then), the Sky Sports F1 Channel is made available as an add-on for BT TV Customers?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sky Sports F1 Channel

There is more chance of me going to the moon, than there is sky sports F1 being on BTTV.
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Highly unlikely especially with BT Sport having all there motorsport.
0 Ratings
JSB1980
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

@magpie03 wrote:
Highly unlikely especially with BT Sport having all there motorsport.

Well you say that, but that's like claiming BT would never carry Sky Sports 1 because they already show all their own football.

Having no interest in F1, I don't care if SSF1 ever comes to BT. However, if only for the sake of continuity, it'd be good to have the full selection of Sky Sports channels as BT are the only pay TV provider who don't offer them all. With the Ofcom dispute now being settled (of a fashion) I'd like to think this was more likely than ever before, but with BT and Sky still at loggerheads, I wouldn't bank on it.

The least we Youview users could get is the standard definition Sky Sports 5 channel that Vision box customers still continue to receive at no extra cost to SS1&2. Perhaps when Vision+ gets totally phased out (a process that seems to be taking years), SS5 will become available on YouView, or more likely, the channel will disappear from BT permenantly.

0 Ratings