cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 51 of 193

Re: Sky Sports F1

@mark_h666 wrote:
Now that sky have confirmed there is going to be a freeview channel for £10 a month. Can BT confirm how customers stand on this? We're already paying for skysports so will this be added for free? If not thats not so much of a problem for me but when can we add it to our TV's? will we need another viewing card?
Where is this story Mark?

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mark_h666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 193

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 193

The story is bull**bleep** and has been repeated nowhere else. "lead to believe" is one of those ambiguous phrases that poor journalists and papers like to use.

Note how Sky made no mention of it when they announced their plans (a month after the article was written) as stated in the article.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 54 of 193

A non story I see just speculation

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
ellaspjamas
Beginner
Message 55 of 193

Formula 1

I'm wondering if the Sky Sports package will offer Formula 1. Can anybody tell me, please?

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 193

Re: Formula 1

No, it won't.

Sky and BT are peddling the "no announcement yet" line with regards to whether it will be shown on Vision, but it seems unlikely.
0 Ratings
OldNo1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 193

I wish BT would make a statement about this - are they looking in to it or so they rule it out?

My kids are huge F1 fans and reluctant as I am to get Sky I might end up having to do so.

0 Ratings
andyf941
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 193

Not looking hopeful, for an opinion see last paragraph...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/a360314/sky-sports-f1-coming-to-virgin-media.html

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 193

I've said along that it won't happen. As it's only a couple of hours a week at non-peak time they could, theoretically, lease some time off another channel but it's not going to happen.
0 Ratings
hcraig244
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 193

Lets face reality........you get what you pay for! the quality of commentary, camera angles and overall presentation of football provided by Sky Sports  is second to none, try watching a game covered by ITV for comparison, I'm looking forward to the Sky Sports F1 because I'm sure it will be excellent, particularly if broadcast in 3D ;¬)

0 Ratings