cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frankmoss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 193

Re: Sky Sports F1

was looking on skysportsf1 twitter feed and someone asked about freesat and he got this reply

"No sorry the channel won't be available on Freeview or Freesat"

that was tweeted on the 8th Jan

**bleep**

0 Ratings
Frankmoss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 193

Re: Formula 1

i have replied on another post with this i found on skysportsf1 tweeter feed posted on 8th jan

"was looking on skysportsf1 twitter feed and someone asked about freesat and he got this reply

"No sorry the channel won't be available on Freeview or Freesat"

that was tweeted on the 8th Jan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 63 of 193

@OldNo1 wrote:

My kids are huge F1 fans and reluctant as I am to get Sky I might end up having to do so.

It's hard to imagine taking out an unwanted Sky subscription just so the kids could watch 10 live F1 races a year. It would be cheaper to take them to watch over a pub lunch.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 64 of 193

@pottyperson wrote:

@OldNo1 wrote:

My kids are huge F1 fans and reluctant as I am to get Sky I might end up having to do so.

It's hard to imagine taking out an unwanted Sky subscription just so the kids could watch 10 live F1 races a year. It would be cheaper to take them to watch over a pub lunch.

Ha ha ha! And probably far more enjoyable too!

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
craigthornton
Beginner
Message 65 of 193

F1 race coverage is supplied by a world feed from Formula One Management, every person across the globe sees the same thing no matter who's paid for the rights!!!

Sky can do lots before and after but you can forget anything different during the race itself!

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 66 of 193

@hcraig244 wrote:

Lets face reality........you get what you pay for! the quality of commentary, camera angles and overall presentation of football provided by Sky Sports  is second to none, try watching a game covered by ITV for comparison, I'm looking forward to the Sky Sports F1 because I'm sure it will be excellent, particularly if broadcast in 3D ;¬)

Matter of personal taste I guess - I've got Sky via BT Vision - but given the choice, if the match is on BBC too I'd watch that over Sky any day. Don't like their silly computer graphics to explain things & as for the big 'MNF' banner for Monday night Football, I'm quite able to remember what day of the week it is thanks 😉

Can't see the point of so-called 3D either - as far as I can tell TV is in 3D already - I can distinguish which players are in the foreground, middle distance, far away etc ....

0 Ratings
craigthornton
Beginner
Message 67 of 193

Formula One Managment only just started doing HD recently and 16:9 long after it had become commonplace, as I said above any Sky viewers who are sitting smugly thinking they will get a different viewing experience to the rest of us are sadly mistaken!!

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 193

They will get a different viewing experience from us though, won't they? They'll actually be able to see the race! 😉
0 Ratings
boyracerfred
Contributor
Message 69 of 193

If F1 is not included in the BT Vision add-on for Sky Sports 1&2 -  then you can expect a rush of members like me running down the contract and jumping ship.  My decision to take out BT Vision for SKY Sports was a close call anyway - so I'd be happy to go elsewhere at the drop of a hat......

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 193

That's the idea. Same way Virgin's not allowed HD. They want peow to switch , and they're prepared to lose money in the short term to get new subscribers, and crush competition.
0 Ratings