cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 39

Sky Sports HD

I know this has been mentioned on other threads - but worth pulling out to its own in a bid to get some answers.

Broadcast has published an article saying BT is to get Sky Sports HD. Just wondering if any mods are able to confirm this and perhaps give a hint of when/how much. Would be great to watch the Ashes in HD!!
0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Expert
Message 2 of 39

Re: Sky Sports HD

I have also heard the talk of BT to get Sky Sports 1 and 2 in HD but I cant find more info on it.

I dont have the Sky Sports add on wth BT TV and in a way im glad I never tane it for at times Sky Sports 2 has been full of cricket coverage and im not intrested in cricket.

Darren

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 39

Message 16 in this thread has a link to it

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/New-You-ve-box-and-ultra-HD-coming/td-p/1492260/page/2

But it is all just speculation and no one will confirm anything until it is launched...

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 4 of 39

I consider an article in 'Broadcast' as more than speculation, 'Broadcast' being effectively the trade Bible, it seems to be an authoratative statement of fact. What the OP and indeed I want is either confirmation and detail or a denial of that element of the story from BT.  

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 39

Yep spot on. The article won't have been based on speculation... So I'm after mods to confirm some kind of timeframe for this.

Impressive stuff if they get it - SD pic quality is v good but having jumped ship from Sky nowhere near as good as HD.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 39

I personally would be more impressed if BT got Sky Sports 3,4, F1 and Sky Sports News. Smiley Wink

(But we know that will never happen!)

Stew

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 39

Baby steps - at least things moving in right direction.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 39

I would quite happily pay a bit extra if BT were able to offer the Sky F1 HD channel. It's really the only channel that I miss since leaving Sky.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 39

I would love to see this also BUT I can't see sky letting BT have that channel and also I wouldn't pay £25 a month to watch a couple of races (even less when they are on BBC) so the reality doesn't actually work (of course this is just for me, other people would watch more so it might be worth it).

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 39

Well no, I wouldn't pay £25 for that one channel either lol! I was thinking more £5-£10. Unfortunately, highly unlikely to happen, so I guess we're stuck with the BBC coverage, which to be fair isn't too bad, just frustrating when it's one of the highlights only races.
0 Ratings