cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Sky Sports Saga

Well it transpired I couldn't sign up to Sky Sports 1&2 on-line because I have two boxes and you only get those chans on one box .. So I was thinking to myself, maybe they just want to be 100% sure I realised that ..... so ..... New plan ......... order it by phone .......... no chance. Even though I told them I'm aware I can only have Sky Sports on my main box at present & that's not an issue the person trying to help couldn't add the two chans either .... the system just blocked him ........... voila

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sky Sports Saga

It is quite specific in the current  BT TV terms and conditions

You cannot take the TV Everywhere with Extra Box and Sky Movies or Sky Sports 1 and/or Sky Sports 2 subscriptions together; if you have a TV Everywhere with Extra Box subscription you will not be able to purchase a Sky Movies or Sky Sports 1 and/or Sky Sports 2 subscription and vice versa.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

I just went by BT's own guidance on the topic (a Q & A list) which came up when I looked into the matter.

One question was can I watch Sky Sports on my second BT Youview box and the answer was No you will only be able to watch Sky Sports on your main BT Youview box

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

here is the link ......... Q11

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48891/~/extra-box-with-bt-tv-everywhere

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

Yes but as you found out BT will not currently sell you Sky Sports if you have the Extra box package. They have this stated in both their terms and conditions and their tariff guide. I'll highlight the thread to the moderators so they can feed back the confusion that the Extra Box with BT Anywhere Q&A is causing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

That's a good idea but its more complicated than that .... I have now been through to 0800 800 150 twice and both times the staff thought I could have but it would be restricted to one box and when the system would not let them add it they said it was a system failure ......... the last time I tried they offered to xfer me to another department for help but I had already spent an hour with the call centre & I needed to be elsewhere.

So overall many are confused ....... I would imagine that most customers would just phione the call centre, 2nd some would get there my way (via that help list) and 3rd (and a long way behind the first 2) would be customers that thought reading the Service Terms and Conditions would be a good start.

I am now in the process of deciding the fate of my second box !!!!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I would also like classification as I have the extra box package and was looking to subscribe to sky sports on my main BT box!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Yep, real pain in the wotsit!

However as they are now showing the darts on SS3 (renamed darts), I went for a Now TV weekly pass and currently Chrome Casting, its working a treat.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

NowTV does work well I have been using that for Sky footy while I have been waiting for BTY to get SS1&2

I'm presently thinking about the value of my 2nd box if it means I can't have SS1&2 .... especially as I only use box 2 with a bedroom tv & have a huge choice these days with a two screens Netflix subscription ..... & in real money terms ditching box 2 would then make the SS1&2 subscription feel £5 less expensive. So I agree with you ........ this whole matter requires sorting PDQ .. then at least the poor suffering customers will understand clearly what their options are.

Watching TV should be a simple process

0 Ratings