Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 54

Sky Sports on BT

Go to solution

my god when is this saga gonna end? I want to be able to see the Sky televised matches on BT TV, its so annoying and this has been going on for too long now... JUST SORT IT!

53 REPLIES 53
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 54

Re: Sky Sports on BT

Go to solution

@FC12 wrote:

my god when is this saga gonna end? I want to be able to see the Sky televised matches on BT TV, its so annoying and this has been going on for too long now... JUST SORT IT!

Complain to OFCOM and then the Judicary for wanting another holiday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/11019754/BT-bid-to-...

toekneem

(EASBF)

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 54

Go to solution

@FC12 wrote:

It isn't BT's fault.

Sky have thrown their dummy out of the pram and refuse to put SS on the youview platform.

They think they are being smart, but in actual fact, all they are doing is forcing BT to actually buy up all the rights.

BT don't need SS anymore as they have bought the entire champions league and will probably buy the majority of the PL at the end of the year.

If you must watch sky games then you only option is to move to sky but the thought of that nauseates me so I will make do.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 54

Go to solution

Of course there are other ways to watch Sky's picks, and more, if you look around the net. And I'm not referring to illegal grotty streams either, these are legal quality streamsl, although they may stray into a greyish area regarding rights in the UK. You do need unlimited broadband and a smart DNS service to make use of them though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 54

Go to solution

if you actually look at the tv packages here - sky sports 1 & 2 is now shown on the BT Youview bundles - but when you look in other areas it says it only available on the vision boxes

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 54

Go to solution

@walkerx wrote:

if you actually look at the tv packages here - sky sports 1 & 2 is now shown on the BT Youview bundles

Can't see that.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 54

Go to solution

PP I think he means if you click on 

It doesn't specifically say BT Vision Box.

It will however as part of the sign up process.

Stew

Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 54

Go to solution

Sky Sports 5 launched today on 524 (BTTVV+ boxes). 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 54

Go to solution
Is a deal happening ???
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 10 of 54

Go to solution
Not that I am aware of. Perhaps when the CAT decision is given - which is now expected in September - and BT get Sky Sports 1,2 & 5 on Youview then both BT and Sky will sit down and reach an agreement for the remaining Sky channels.
We can only hope.

Stew
0 Ratings