cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 103

Sky Sports on You View

Seems like Sky Sports could soon be made available on You View following the court ruiling made today.

I have had a Vision+ box for roughly 18 months now since i signed up last year and have the Sky Sports 1 package which currently is only available on a Vision+ box.

My question is will BT upgrade me to the YouView box for free when sky sports becomes available on it? I presume the only reason the Vision+ boxes are hanging on are because of this issue?

0 Ratings
102 REPLIES 102
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 103

Re: Sky Sports on You View

Also i might be interested in Multiroom now. I know you have to buy the second box for £99 and pay a £5 monthly subscription.

So with me having a Vision+ box would they give me the first YouView box for free or would BT try and make me pay for both as obviously Multiroom is not supported on a Vision+ box.

Ultimately i am asking what you have got to do to get an upgrade in equiptment? (I have renewed my contract after the initial 12 month period and nothing was offered at this point).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 103

Hi, at this stage I would imagine BT are studying their options. Yes BT has always wanted one platform - now Youview - but it has to cater for those customers still in need of the Vision Box - with an access card, the cost of replacing all the Vision Boxes and the agreements that it has with Sky - if they cover multiroom.
We will probably just have to wait and see.

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 103

@Pryce26 wrote:

So with me having a Vision+ box would they give me the first YouView box for free or would BT try and make me pay for both as obviously Multiroom is not supported on a Vision+ box.

Ultimately i am asking what you have got to do to get an upgrade in equiptment? (I have renewed my contract after the initial 12 month period and nothing was offered at this point).

Did you renew your contract for a good reason (such as a better deal). You don't have to renew every 12 months, the contract doesn't end.

By renewing after 12 months you may now have tied yourself to the BT Vision+ box to a certain extent. They normally allow those who have completed the contract minimum term to upgrade to a Youview+ box for the £35 activation fee if they renew BT TV and start a new contract minimum term. You are now in theory not eligible to do that until you complete your current 12 months minimum term. Saying that they are sometimes flexible and allow customers to change things while still within a minimum term. I have been told before that after 9 months they can allow moving to a new contract. You would need to talk to the Customer Options Team via 0800 800 030.

I think expecting a free upgrade is being too optimistic. I also use a BT Vision+ box with Sky Sports, but don't expect a free upgrade. I expect that once they have finally agreed terms with Sky/Ofcom then they will just look at gradually moving customers across in the normal manner described above (£35 with new contract). The BT Vision+ platform will still be needed for the time being anyway for those using viewing cards.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 103

Apologies. I probably havn't renewed the contract I just took the opportunity to add certain bolt-ons to my package at the end of the initial 12 month term as my previous deals/offers expired at this point. As i understand it, it is now effectively a rolling monthly contract as i could in theory cancel the subscription at any point.

Sounds like I am eligible to change for £35.00 then? I will just have to wait until the Sky Sports/YouView saga is conluded as no point switching beforehand. 

At the outset I didn't realise BT offered two different platforms and it was only coincidence that i ended up with a Vision+ box and was later able to add SkySports.

My dad signed up to BT just after me and received a YouView box, he is now miffed that he can't add Sky Sports but lets me know all about his superior 7 day rewind facility. We both presumed we had the same thing initially and then wanted each others! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 6 of 103

Yes. I would just hold tight and wait for an announcement.

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 103

Hopefully it will be allowed to run on accounts with extra box. Hopefully it will also push sky and bt into doing an agreement for the other Sky sports channels (mainly news for me)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 103

What do you guys think, SS1 & SS2 offered before Christmas?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 9 of 103

Personally speaking, yes before Christmas.

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 103

Sky Sports placeholders are already on the XBOX One EPG for BT Freeview IP TV, no corresponding channel on the YV box though.

0 Ratings