Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Sky Sports price rise?

Hi everyone,

Has it been announced anywhere what the new charge will be? I don't think I've seen anything. The wholesale price of Sky Sports increases next month, I haven't seen any mention from BT what the new price will be either. Whilst it would be nice for BT to absorb the cost, surely they'll pass on the price rise like Virgin has?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Sport no longer free from 1st August?

This must be an old screen as it says July 2014?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 14

Re: Sky Sports price rise?

I think these are the imminent wholesale changes but may be wrong. Wholesale going up by roughly a couple of quid? Place your bets for any possible BT price changes. Possibly they will wait until the normal annual rises in Dec?

From Oct 2014:

Wholesale:  SS1=£15.13, SS2=£??.??, Both=£23.16

BT Prices:  SS1=£16.50, SS2=£16.50, Both=£22.00

From Jun 2015:

Wholesale:  SS1=£17.01, SS2=£16.80, Both=£25.34

BT Prices: ???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 14

Not sure whether those wholesale prices are inclusive or exclusive of VAT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 14

I was thinking exactly the same. I think I read somewhere that they were excluding vat, and I assume the BT prices we pay include some vat that goes to the tax man? If so then surely BT are taking a hit.

Don't suppose it changes any possible BT price rise that much though. Still possibly will go up by a couple of quid or so at some time?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 14

I dont take the two Sky Sports channels as I think they are dear a month for what I would watch.

Im also glad I never tane them for Sky Sports 2 has been full of cricket the lest few weeks and cricket dont intrest me.

Sky have always dear for there channels.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 14

Price for two sports channels is too expensive, if I want to watch sky sports I pick up a Now Tv Sports pass 24 for a few quid. That gives me all sports channels and I usually only get it to watch the odd game of footy.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

I'm "thinking" of doing the same ........ next few yrs of European Football will be on BTSport so it will be much more economical to watch the few extra bits I want from Sky (some Prem Lge games and some F1) with a sports pass (day or week) ..... if they stay around the same price !!!! ........ I find Sky Sports SD a bit naff anyway ...... they should grow up & release a full Sports pack to BT/Youview (SD &/or HD) like they do for Virgin .......... but I don't think there is much chance of them becoming "adult"

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Is Sky Sports on Now TV in HD?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 14

@Guitardave wrote: