cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Sky Subscription and BT Sport

Im wanting to cease my Sky Subscription and just keep the box for watching free to air channels, if I do this does the

viewing card get deactivated and if so do I lose the ability to watch BT sport via Sky?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sky Subscription and BT Sport

If you Cease the sky subscription that means you will no longer be able to use the Sky service and which will also stop you to access the BT SPort as BT Sport is a Premium channel you will need a Broadcaster.
Thanks & Regards.
Jai P Mandal △
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

As far as I am aware you need a sky viewing card number , even if you have cease your subscription , because bt deal with you direct not sky . On the other hand if you have bt broadband then it is free , all you need is your sky viewing card number . Best bet is to ring bt and ask them  .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

BT Doesn't provide the direct BT Sport via freeview you will need a platform (Set Top Box) eg. Sky box or BT Vision box along with the active subscription as the Channel is encrypted
Thanks & Regards.
Jai P Mandal △
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@jinglylenny wrote:

Im wanting to cease my Sky Subscription and just keep the box for watching free to air channels, if I do this does the

viewing card get deactivated and if so do I lose the ability to watch BT sport via Sky?

Do a web search for 'Freesat for Sky'. I'm not sure how it works when ending existing Sky subscriptions, but the normal cost for an active 'Freesat from Sky' card is a one-off payment of £25. Note that I think the Sky+ recording features are disabled on the box with this service.

If you do move onto the official 'Freesat from Sky' service then BT can add the BT Sport channels to that active card/box. 

See the additional Freesat question on this page.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

A cancelled sky subscription card 'reverts' to a free sat from sky card, which will enable you to watch BT Sport with that card on a sky card/box.

Just like lots of people do, myself included.

0 Ratings