cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 25

Re: Future box update

Which is actually the same for the majority of people. Certain people make stupid comments that people are with BT because they can't afford SKY. The reality is that it is about value for money not the actual cost.

Last year I had the full SKY Q package, BTTV full package, Netflix and Amazon Prime. I would have been happy to carry that on again but found that with BTTV (PVR abilities, Sport and most major channels and catch-up), Netflix (original series and son likes kids stuff) and Amazon (a few series and films but mainly for one day delivery) that covered 95% of what I want and per month, all these were still less than SKY on its own. Therefore I decided SKY was not delivering anything for its price and therefore not required. I would bet there are many people that feel exactly the same and as such SKY via satellite or over IP is just of no interest and never will be.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 25

"Its a poor mans sky."

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen this posted. Which is rubbish. Its a great service. Its just all about choich.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 25

Apart from 

Quality reliable IPTV

Quality HD TV

Quality UHD

Quality Dolby Atmos

Quality simucast 8 channel HD football

WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US?

0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 25

Totally agree, it's not a poor man's sky.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 25

Perhaps they could explain how I could subscribe to Sky to get full coverage of MotoGP which is all I really care about (anything else is a bonus)?  Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 25

And how will Sky supply me with the Premiership and European Rugby that will be available on BT for the same price. Freesat and Freeview supply all my other TV needs with Amazon and Netflix doing the rest.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 17 of 25

@Keyinferno wrote:
Apart from

Quality reliable IPTV

Quality HD TV

Quality UHD

Quality Dolby Atmos

Quality simucast 8 channel HD football

WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US?

Well I think we can deduce from that that you haven’t got Sky

Sjy offers ‘jump to time’, has a live pause function that works reliably, lets you download catch up TV for later viewing, has far more channels, shows you where you are in the live pause buffer, doesn’t turn itself off killing the live pause buffer, shows you red button text on live TV etc etc

But yes YouView costs less for its reduced functionality.  That’s why until YV start restoring key deleted functionality it ISN’T even a poor man’s Sky.  It’s a poor man’s Humax

0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 25

Let's not forget all the issues and bugs that sky q has too.
0 Ratings
Sundance
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Really, than why are you here on this site if you think BT is close to demise. As in you say dead in the water. you need to wake up mate and realize BT are on the right side of the curve along with amazon netflix etc. i personally  have all three . Sky imo has problems and they are coming fast. even their flagship channel (Sky Atlantic) cannot hold it together forever for sky in my way of thinking..

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 20 of 25

@jam2000 wrote:

Let's not forget all the issues and bugs that sky q has too.

Quite but don’t forget no one is forced to have Sky Q.  Sky HD remains the mainstream Sky platform (90% of users) and the one to use in assessing if the pointlessly degraded YV is a poor man’s Sky

0 Ratings