Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeJim
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Sky Viewing Card Error & BT Sport On SKY Q Silver

Hi there,

Can someone kindly assist?

We have upgraded from SKY HD to Sky Q Silver, as a result have been issued a new SKY viewing card.

I have tried to change the number on my account without success and I have used the online chat service and asked for assistance and they have been unable to update it? Can someone kindly assist with this?

Secondy BT Sport worked perfectly well on the Main SKY Q Silver box in the lounge, but does not work on the SKY Q mini box located in the bedroom?

From the online chat with someone in India, I have been told I must pay an additonal subscription free to have BT sport in a multi room format?

The issue I am having is SKY Q only uses 1 viewing card? So it is correct I have to pay an extra fee or does someone somewhere just have to change some settings on my account to able the min box to receive the BT sport signal?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if I am repeating what others have already asked.

Cheers,

Lee

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DanielS
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sky Viewing Card Error & BT Sport On SKY Q Silver

Hi @LeeJim,

There is an extra charge to have BT Sport on an additional box. See the link below as it explains how you can order it online or on the phone and it also states the current price.

BT Sport Second Box

The call us link on the same page will get you through to someone that should be able to help you with everything.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
LeeJim
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply DanielS.

This is till confussing?

BT have told me on the phone and over chat, this extra box works with 2 viewing cards?

However with the new Sky Q, the extra mini boxes do not have viewing cards, they all work from the master (Silver) box in the lounge which streams the signal to the other boxes in the bedroom etc?

Sp how will your propsal work?

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 6

You are very welcome @LeeJim.

It sounds like you only had BT Sport on one box before? Now you've changed and got the Q and the Mini. In this setup, we need the viewing card number from your Q box and we also need to setup a BT Sport Second Box subscription which currently costs £5 per month. Once we receive the order we'll need approximately 24 hours to get it sorted in the background for you.

Note: This is talking about 1 Q box and 1 Mini on the same account.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Milhouse
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Out of interest... I have two SkyQ mini boxes. Would I have to pay 2x £5 or just £5 for both?

0 Ratings
Alan19650
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Hello I have just upgraded to sky Q can anyone tell me how long it takes to change my card details over viewing number I mean,I have put it into the required fields but nothing seems to happen so just wondered if there will be a time lapse before it is activated. Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings