cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwertyaz
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Sky Wireless Connector - works for catch-up + OD but not Channels.

Hi,

I'm not able to create a wired connection ATM and so am using the Wireless Connector that Sky sent me for their box. It works perfectly for apps and catch up (iPlayer etc) but when I try to watch live TV (e.g. Dave) I get IPC6023. Is there a way to fix this? As catchup works perfectly I'm assuming that Internet speed is not an issue..

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sky Wireless Connector - works for catch-up + OD but not Channels.

Catch up is different to multicast streams. The wireless connector may not allow multicast streams. Catch up will work as it standard streaming (downloading to box so far ahead)
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

If you are using a BT HomeHub and trying to receive the multicast extra TV channels via wireless then you will not get very far as the HomeHubs do not send the multicast streams via their built-in wireless transmitter. A wireless solution requires another device at the HomeHub end as well to convert an ethernet port output to wireless format and transmit it. There could then still be possible issues with device incompatibility with multicast and IGMP, or just wireless interference.

An alternative solution is to try using ethernet powerline adapters to send the signal via the home mains wiring. This can have issues in some homes due to the mains wiring set up. Many customers do successfully use it with multicast TV though.

The cheapest and most reliable solution is to use a simple ethernet cable. This should work without issue if a quality cable is used. We appreciate that this isn't always easy to put in place though.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Another possibility I suppose is to identify and purchase an alternative modem-router that is fully compatible with BT services and will transmit multicast streams via its built-in wireless. I've no idea if others have identified and tried such a device, or if it even exists. I just use a simple shielded cable myself. Smiley Happy

Obviously BT only support the use of BT HomeHubs.

0 Ratings