cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Sky sport issues when upgrading from Vision+ box to Youview?

I currently have a Vision+ box, but due to lots of issues with it (locking-up, missing recordings, useless BBC iPlayer, slow response etc.) I'm thinking about upgrading to a Youview box.  I had Sky Sports 1 & 2 before the channel shake up & introduction of BT Sport, but no Infinity at my exchange.  However, as I have a reasonably fast ADSL connection (14 MB) and multicast at my exchange I now receive Sky Sports through broadband on Channels 501 & 502 and BT Sports/ESPN on 507, 508 & 509.  My question is, if I upgrade to a Youview box will I still be able to receive these sport channels? I'm not that bothered if I lose Sky Sports or ESPN, but would really like to keep BT Sport.  I'd prefer to watch BT Sport on my TV rather than through the website or iPhone app.  I've read quite a few posts regarding Youview and the sport channels and it all seems very confusing!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sky sport issues when upgrading from Vision+ box to Youview?

@DB7 wrote:

I currently have a Vision+ box, but due to lots of issues with it (locking-up, missing recordings, useless BBC iPlayer, slow response etc.) I'm thinking about upgrading to a Youview box.  I had Sky Sports 1 & 2 before the channel shake up & introduction of BT Sport, but no Infinity at my exchange.  However, as I have a reasonably fast ADSL connection (14 MB) and multicast at my exchange I now receive Sky Sports through broadband on Channels 501 & 502 and BT Sports/ESPN on 507, 508 & 509.  My question is, if I upgrade to a Youview box will I still be able to receive these sport channels? I'm not that bothered if I lose Sky Sports or ESPN, but would really like to keep BT Sport.  I'd prefer to watch BT Sport on my TV rather than through the website or iPhone app.  I've read quite a few posts regarding Youview and the sport channels and it all seems very confusing!

I think the sports channels are only available through Infinity on YouView.  Sky Sports isn't available at all but BT Sport and ESPN are, but like I say I think Infinity is a prerequisite for sports on a YouView box, although others may know otherwise.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sky sport issues when upgrading from Vision+ box to Youview?

Thanks notoriousdbp, looks like I'll have to put up with the Vision+ box then!  I've lost count of all the software upgrades I've had (and lost my recordings!).