Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 461 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

@scointer wrote:
Not sure why you feel the need to post this in two places but like in the other thread it is always wise to do a soft reboot after an update, especially on something that doesn't normally power down fully constantly. It only takes a few seconds not a big problem.

I power cycled it and that seems to have fixed it, cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 462 of 540

Go to solution

@Jay_23  The 1st of those NFL games (Kansas at Patriots) that you listed previously is showing now as being live on Main Event. The extended schedule only goes as far as the 9th on Digiguide so no word as yet on the other games. Again, with the times these games are on in the UK, I'd definitely expect quite a lot of NFL live on Main Event.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 463 of 540

Go to solution

Thanks MadRob.

That is good news!

Hopefully this is a good sign, going forward!

Took out the sky sports last Sunday with BT and think I have made the right decison to go with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 464 of 540

Go to solution

Looking good for me at the moment too. Obviously it has what I want with the EPL and most Championship games. There seems to be a good smattering of other sports (although some events don't get shown in their entirety) with signs that F1 and NFL fans will enjoy good coverage. One major factor is the channel(s) being offered on a month-by-month basis on BT which means not getting tied down to a Sky tv contract. That in itself is good enough for me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 465 of 540

Go to solution

So sky have updated their website and its showing

FRI 8TH SEPTEMBER

• Kansas City Chiefs @New England Patriots
  • NFL - Week 1, Sky Sports Main Event (00:30), Sky Sports Action (00:30)

SUN 10TH SEPTEMBER

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers @Miami Dolphins
  • NFL - Week 1, Sky Sports Action (17:00), Sky Sports Main Event (18:00)  (1st hour is missing due to PL clash)
  • Seattle Seahawks@Green Bay Packers
  • NFL - Week 1, Sky Sports Main Event (21:00), Sky Sports Action (21:00)

MON 11TH SEPTEMBER

• NY Giants@Dallas Cowboys
  • NFL - Week 1, Sky Sports Main Event (01:00)

Really happy with that, don't mind missing the 1st hour of the afternoon game as didn't think they would show it.

Looking at this then I will more than likely keep the monthly SS sub going next month.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 466 of 540

Go to solution

Looking good for you @Jay_23

Been keeping an eye across the Sky channels with my tv mag and apart from some 'partial' coverage of sport (especially cricket) there doesn't seem to be that much missing from Main Event that their other channels cover. There are many days when some (if not all) of their channels is only showing 'filler' programmes anyway. Lots of complaints on their own forums over the lack of live material on certain days or the way they have been, in some instances, using up to 4 of their channels to show the same 1 live event.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 467 of 540

Go to solution

Yes so far so good!

Yeah I think last weekend Soccer AM was on 3 or even 4 of the channels at the same time!

But am glad sky seem to be doing the right thing by showing NFL during the night on Main Event, rather than being awkward and showing SS News!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 468 of 540

Go to solution
Just a shame it wasn't cheaper though. If it had been sub £20 a month, I would have considered taking it up though BT TV.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 469 of 540

Go to solution

This could be bad news for F1 fans here such as @andy_m1.

The Sky sports listing site AND Digiguide are now listing West Brom v Stoke in the slot previously advertised as being the live F1 race on Sunday 27th. Could it be that Sky have changed their minds with F1 coverage?

It isn't easy keeping up with these incessant changes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 470 of 540

Go to solution
Note that F1 race is one of the ones being shown live on C4.
0 Ratings