Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 451 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

@andy_m1. @IanW17

It all comes down to what you want to watch and where you can get the best offers. There always has to be a limit to how much anyone is prepared to pay for their pay tv nowadays. Couldn't agree more with you on that sentiment. Thank goodness the choice is out there.

0 Ratings
abp79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 452 of 540

Go to solution
In response to some of people on here who have had bad experiences with streaming live sports on Now TV:

I used a Now TV box for the first time to stream the Leicester v Arsenal match last night ( although I really don't want to talk about that being a Leicester fan) and it was good. No skips, hiccups or buffering at all to be honest and the picture quality seemed fine to me, not too far off the BT hd sport channels.

A combination of having BT sport and watching the occasional event by getting a day pass on Now TV is the way forward to me.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 453 of 540

Go to solution

I have used the occasional NowTV pass, most recently for the Lions tour of NZ and did not have any problems with the streaming apart from a couple of glitches when my Chromecast dongle lost wi-fi with my router needing me to stop and start casting again from my Android tablet.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 454 of 540

Go to solution

abp79 wrote:
In response to some of people on here who have had bad experiences with streaming live sports on Now TV:

I used a Now TV box for the first time to stream the Leicester v Arsenal match last night ( although I really don't want to talk about that being a Leicester fan) and it was good. No skips, hiccups or buffering at all to be honest and the picture quality seemed fine to me, not too far off the BT hd sport channels.

A combination of having BT sport and watching the occasional event by getting a day pass on Now TV is the way forward to me.

Out of interest, (and bearing in mind we shouldn't be discussing Now TV). Smiley Wink What channel did you view the match on? As I understand it the Main Event channel on the Now TV box is problem free. 

0 Ratings
Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 455 of 540

Go to solution
Premier league channel for me on a roku. All is fine
0 Ratings
abp79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 456 of 540

Go to solution
Yes it was the main event channel I think. I'm assuming all premier league games will be on this.
0 Ratings
andystockbvb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 457 of 540

Go to solution

Got all the Sky Sports channels on Now TV. Pic is better than Sky Sports SD on sky. Not as good as BT Sport on BTTV. Now TV works well with my BT Infinty connection.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 458 of 540

Go to solution

I seem to have got the 'miracle' latest update that fixes all of one problem a day or so ago. The trouble is I currently can not view any recorded programmes at all, my recordings are failing, all the picture tiles are blank and even the live internet channels have stopped working.

Nice one, does this mean that we have to soft reset boxes with each update ? If so why don't they fix a few more problems before issueing an update.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 459 of 540

Go to solution
Not sure why you feel the need to post this in two places but like in the other thread it is always wise to do a soft reboot after an update, especially on something that doesn't normally power down fully constantly. It only takes a few seconds not a big problem.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 460 of 540

Go to solution

My thoughts entirely @scointer

0 Ratings