cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shadybo
Message 11 of 19

Re: Slamming - why do BT think they can get away with it?

I've had this problem on a BT Business line. BT are now billing us despite cancelling the switch which wasn't authorised in the first place. They ARE a nightmare.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Exactly the same thing has just happened to me - yesterday I woke up to find the phone dead and the internet down, on ringing Sky they said that BT had taken over my service.  Went to speak to my landlord, who got further information from Sky who said we were the victim of slamming.  The upshot is, it's going to be weeks before the Sky service can be reinstated, we don't know if BT is going to charge us for anything (though from reading comments and boards like these it looks like we might) and it's generally very stressful. 

I live in a student house which means 1) In July, when the slamming took place, there was no one in the house as everyone was back with their parents for the holidays.  Therefore no one could have given consent, and no one could do anything to prevent the switch from going ahead.  2) We're going to spend most of next month without one of our most valuable study resources.

Not impressed.

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 19

Based on experience BT and just about any other Company will pay up rather than go to small claims court but only after the claim is filed at court brinkmanship at work

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Another victim of BT slamming here. Hours spent via mobile - of course - trying to sort it out, rude, useless so called customer service most of whom can't  even speak English to any acceptable standard.

What happened to you BT, have you no pride?

Particulars of Claim all ready to go if not resolved to my satisfaction.

0 Ratings
belfastuser
Message 15 of 19

My parents have been customers of BT since 1975. 5 years ago they got a better offer from talktalk and changed service provider. In early december their broadband was suddenly cancelled, and about a week later the phone line followed. After several hours on the phone to very helpful, but completely clueless callcentre staff it eventually emerged that we had been slammed.  This staggerring arrogance will not go unpunished, and we shall be pursuing the matter relentlessly in the courts. If BT think they can bully former customers into returning, they are in for a rude awakening.

0 Ratings
Jampit
Beginner
Message 16 of 19

Sorry for coming on so late -BUT Can you give me Warren Buckley's postal address (if he exists), email doesn't seem to work!

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 17 of 19

Hi Jampit,

We (i.e. the forum mods) can help if you have a query/problem related to your account, what kind of problems are you having with BT?

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings
junkj
Message 18 of 19

I have service with Orange/EE for broadband and landline.

On 4th March 2013 my broadband stopped working and one week later my landline has no dial tone.

Called Orange/EE who say a request to take over my line was made to BT on the 15th January 2013 to be carried out on the 4th March 2013. Appartently this is an illegal practice called 'slamming.' It appears it benefits BT.

I am the account holder and have made no such request on that day or any other day.

Orange/EE booked an engineer to look at the line at the property on 27th March (more than two weeks hence)

Meanwhile I am without home service and any hope of being reinstated for at least that time.

I am not happy.

I had been considering taking up service with BT but an reconsidering it now. The slam benefits BT.
 It certainly doesn't benefit me.

Having read the following thread that explain how elderly customers are faced with reconnection charges and so on I am unimpressed.

0 Ratings
vbell2013
Message 19 of 19

This has happened to me. BT attempted to take over my line in July, I was only made aware of it when I received the letter from Talk Talk saying they were sorry to lose me. I contacted Talk Talk but still a BT hub arrived (it had someone's name on it but I had never heard of them). I have never spoken to anyone at BT. I now have no internet line and am using a dongle. PS EE did the same thing a week later. It's disgraceful. I have reported them both to Ofcom, there is a form on their site you can fill in as they are aware it's going on.

0 Ratings