Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Slingbox & BT Infinity

Hi,

I am having trouble setting up my Slingbox with the new BT Infinity service Smiley Sad.

I have reset the Slingbox (as it says I should do when using a new router) and can now connect to the Slingbox on the local network.

The issue is that I cannot setup the Internet Viewing. The automatic setting fails. I have setup manual port forwarding on my Hub 3.0 (Any protocol, port 5001), but it still does not work.

Has anybody tried to setup a Slingbox on BT Infinity? I have to get it working, this is the whole reason why I wanted fast internet (and I am lucky, I get 8Mb upload and 37Mb download).

Cheers,

JM

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slingbox & BT Infinity

I have the same problem. Very frustrating as I upgraded just for Slingbox. Works fine inside the house, can't access it externally. And can't find any solutions....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

I could be wrong but I have heard that Port Forwarding doesn't work on HH3, even though it says so in the Hub.

I tried it with some ports for gaming and using a checker it said they were closed, can't be totally sure but there it is.

There may be a way round it but it's possible that it doesn't work "out of the box"

Notice how I'm not committing myself to a difinitive answer 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Just discovered this issue myself. Not much point in having, at last, a decent upload speed if it won't work with the Slingbox. Has anyone got any solution to this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5
Moved:

0 Ratings