Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CuReLeSsVeNoM
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

Slippery slope - Sync speed reducing

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if a mod can get involved in this one?

On day one of my cabinate being activated I was the first customer to go live (so the engineer said) I was meant to be on port 1 in the cab but it had a fault with the fibre so they moved me to port 11 (again, so the engineer said). However, my sync was rock sold at 80down and 20up for a very long time. I even had an attainable of 108down. Obviously as more people connected this dropped off with a max just over 80down. I was happy with this as my sync for a couple of years was always 80down and 20up.

My problem now... Well my max is 66down but whenever I do fault checks on the line I get no fault detected, even though my BT cordless phone pops up with 'Check cord line' from time to time. My sync speed has been declining over the last couple of weeks. I really would like an engineer to check my line and connection in the cab for a fault but dont want to risk the penalty if they dont find a fault.

Construction work has began on the land directly behind my cab most recently which could have damaged something? please help, I want my 80meg back 😞

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Slippery slope - Sync speed reducing

n order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

Or post the information from the smart hub, using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
CuReLeSsVeNoM
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 01925###### on Exchange WARRINGTON is served by Cabinet 30

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)8064.9202057.8Available--YesYes--
VDSL Range B (Impacted)78.651.42016.239.8Available--YesYes--
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3.5--2 to 6Available--------
ADSL MaxUp to 2.5--1.5 to 5Available--------
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available--------
Fixed Rate1----Available--------
VDSL Multicast------Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
CuReLeSsVeNoM
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

I am connecting using a HH5 but I use a openreach modem how would you prefer those stats?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

@CuReLeSsVeNoM wrote:

I am connecting using a HH5 but I use a openreach modem how would you prefer those stats?

Its not possible to get the connection speed via the Openreach modem, so how do you know your connection speed is dropping?

Either way, you are still within the connection speed for Range A, so there is no fault.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

Hi @Keith_Beddoe. It's entirely possible to get the stats from the Openreach modem if it's unlocked.

Regards

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

@smf22 wrote:

Hi @Keith_Beddoe. It's entirely possible to get the stats from the Openreach modem if it's unlocked.

Regards

I was aware of that, but as the OP has not produced any results, I am assuming that they must have been using the HH5 plugged directly in, to get the result in the past.

0 Ratings
CuReLeSsVeNoM
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

Device 
Help

Product typeEchoLife HG612  
Device ID1C1D67-21530315408K19007380
Hardware versionVER.B
Software versionV100R001C01B030SP08
Firmware versionA2pv6C038m.d24j
Batch numberBC1P6.030.A2pv6C038m.d24j
System up time55 days 18 hours 3 minutes 23 seconds

Line Status 
Help

DownstreamUpstream
Attainable rate (kbit/s)6628824036
SNR margin (dB)12.60
Line attenuation (dB)13.70.6
Output power (dBmV)13.70.6

Statistics 
Help

Path 0
Path 1
 DownstreamUpstreamDownstreamUpstream
Line rate (kbit/s)69617 19999 
CRC errors254 127 18 
FEC errors
HEC errors154 4294967290 32 
0 Ratings
CuReLeSsVeNoM
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Above are my line stats. I am lucky that I havent lost sync since the most recent drop in max attainable. It went from 74 down to 66 within 1 week and has been on decline trend over the last couple of months.

such comments as within range no fault is not helpful, especially when I see my performance degrading.

Thanks,

Todd

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

DLM has intervened to reduce your connection speed because of disconnections or line errors.

The fact that your phone is indicating a possible issue, is the clue.

Try and prove that the problem is external, and not being caused by your own internal phone wiring, by connecting to the test socket.

0 Ratings